The Pens/caps comparision

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pens/caps comparision

Postby Daniel87 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:07 pm

In past years I can't remember looking forward to many particular reg. season games. I mean I look forward to all of them in general, but not many stood out in recent years other than the west games/.

I really, really enjoy how the league changed the schedule this year. I love the added west games, and simply cant wait for the next Red Wings game. I don't think I've ever looked forward to any reg. season matchup as much as I have the Caps games this year. The rivalry is growing stronger and stronger with each teams new young stars, and it's great for the game. Even games against our division are more exciting now as we see them only 6 times a year. 32 games against our division was simply too much and Im so glad they changed it.

We had great rivalry's last year in the playoffs and I think that made them even more fun to watch. Can you imagine if we played the same teams, but plug in the Caps for Ottawa.

Washington
Rangers
Flyers
Wings

That would be an incredible playoffs. A very tough one, but an exciting one nonetheless. I know we should make it to Thanksgiving before picking our playoff matchups. :D ....just sayin' :D
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

I was always kind of "meh" about the Caps but Ovechkin's beef with Geno and Semin's comments about Crosby has sparked an upgrade from "meh" to "hate."

I hope we crush them.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby purelebo84 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 pm

As soon as OV gets hurt, Semin is back to mediocrity.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins