Official Game Thread - 11/13/08 - Flyers at Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Game Thread - 11/13/08 - Flyers at Penguins

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm

I remember the first time I saw that horse car picture I laughed so hard but I felt kind of guilty about it too because I showed it to a friend of mine who was completely horrified. I guess I just have a demented sense of humor.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:00 am

netwolf wrote:I don't get the fixation with what Flyers fans thought about the game. For starters, I don't care what they think in general; if I did, I'd go there. As for the "questionable" viewpoints they might have, I'm pretty sure I could pull posts of similar value from this board, probably even from this thread.

I'm not saying it's a waste of bandwidth and/or to stop posting it here; I just don't get the attraction with calling attention to something you clearly don't put a lot of value on.

It's merely fascinating to see what incredibly meat-headed thing they'll say next. But, if you don't want to read it, then don't. :P
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens#1 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:00 am

Eaton should be traded - sydor is better and it would also free up 4.5 million in cap space for next season
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby cojac on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:00 am

cs6687 wrote:Now, the $1 million question. What did Darryl Sydor do to deserved getting benched...again?

Played well
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:01 am

cojac wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:
He's a role player...he has more points than Talbot, Sykora, and Fedetenko...one behind Kennedy...he really isn't as bad as you think he is...a career +19 player on some pretty sorry teams...has had 20+ goals the last three years and a +27 over that span....he isn't Malkin...but he doesn't suck by any means...not a shootout guy but it was round six or seven...

He's a gutless, cheap-shot artist, Gary Roberts tried to fight him every time they played last year, and of course he wouldn't.

So was Dale Hunter and he should be in the Hall of Fame...character is a "whatever" in my book...numbers do not lie...I'll bet you Hartnell scores more goals than Ryan Malone in the next three years...over the last three years Hartnell 71 goals Ryan Malone 65...and Hartnell wasn't being fed by Crosby and Malkin and Sykora...I'm just saying that you have to look at the big picture...he really does not suck..
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:01 am

cs6687 wrote:Now, the $1 million question. What did Darryl Sydor do to deserved getting benched...again?

Welcome to Planet Therrien.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 am

and he's not the first guy to back down to fighting Gary Roberts either...
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cojac on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

pronovost19 wrote:
cojac wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:
He's a role player...he has more points than Talbot, Sykora, and Fedetenko...one behind Kennedy...he really isn't as bad as you think he is...a career +19 player on some pretty sorry teams...has had 20+ goals the last three years and a +27 over that span....he isn't Malkin...but he doesn't suck by any means...not a shootout guy but it was round six or seven...

He's a gutless, cheap-shot artist, Gary Roberts tried to fight him every time they played last year, and of course he wouldn't.

So was Dale Hunter and he should be in the Hall of Fame...character is a "whatever" in my book...numbers do not lie...I'll bet you Hartnell scores more goals than Ryan Malone in the next three years...over the last three years Hartnell 71 goals Ryan Malone 65...and Hartnell wasn't being fed by Crosby and Malkin and Sykora...I'm just saying that you have to look at the big picture...he really does not suck..

Dale Hunter would drop the gloves, big difference. I never said he sucked, just said he's gutless
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dagny on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

I was smiling... enjoying the win... savoring the moments of the SO. . . then, I clicked to return to the main board... and what do I see that just makes my smile fall right off my face...? doublewinder. :shock: :? :evil:

Deep breath.

I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens. I love my Pens.

Okay... I'm better now. :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

pronovost19 wrote:and he's not the first guy to back down to fighting Gary Roberts either...

He got physically owned by Sergei bleeping Gonchar.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 am

Well, using the backing down to GR as the gutless gage is ok with me...but after watching Ben Eager get his butt kicked by Gary Roberts, Hartnell decided not to lose...not a bad decision...gutless...but intelligent none the less
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 am

PittPensFan wrote:
netwolf wrote:I don't get the fixation with what Flyers fans thought about the game. For starters, I don't care what they think in general; if I did, I'd go there. As for the "questionable" viewpoints they might have, I'm pretty sure I could pull posts of similar value from this board, probably even from this thread.

I'm not saying it's a waste of bandwidth and/or to stop posting it here; I just don't get the attraction with calling attention to something you clearly don't put a lot of value on.

It's merely fascinating to see what incredibly meat-headed thing they'll say next. But, if you don't want to read it, then don't. :P

You say fascinating, I say tedious. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I was never big on celebrating idiocy; that;s probably why I don't get it. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am

netwolf wrote:
PittPensFan wrote:

You say fascinating, I say tedious. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I was never big on celebrating idiocy; that;s probably why I don't get it. :wink:

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing. :lol:
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 am

and forgive me...but I like players like Hartnell...the league would be boring if everyone could play like the Euros...players like Hartnell and Richards give the league character
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am

LGP..later...off to sleep land...only 20 days till my Pens come to RALEIGH...woohoo...counting down the days
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 am

Whenever I read the posts on the Flyers board, I just keep hearing the Price is Right fail horn.

Over, and over again.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 am

And they do pull our posts.

You may not understand the point, but I look at it as a way that some fans find an extra way to savor the rivalry. We were domiated by the Flyers for so long that some fans enjoy finally being able to gloat.

At least they're posting them for other Pens' fans enjoyment, rather than trolling and bringing arguments back over here (at least, I hope that's all they're doing).

Some posters don't venture over to other boards, but still enjoy getting a glimpse at the opposing fans' feedback.

Some, like yourself, couldn't care less.

Different strokes, and all... :wink:

Edit: Plus there's kicksave, who can't read it at all because he was royally banned after like, one post.
Last edited by dagny on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:15 am

pronovost19 wrote:
cojac wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:

I think it may be approaching that time to incorporate this acronym: imo :wink: :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:20 am

www.flyersphans.com

click for a good time :-)
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:33 am

dagny wrote:And they do pull our posts.

You may not understand the point, but I look at it as a way that some fans find an extra way to savor the rivalry. We were domiated by the Flyers for so long that some fans enjoy finally being able to gloat.

At least they're posting them for other Pens' fans enjoyment, rather than trolling and bringing arguments back over here (at least, I hope that's all they're doing).

Some posters don't venture over to other boards, but still enjoy getting a glimpse at the opposing fans' feedback.

Some, like yourself, couldn't care less.

Different strokes, and all... :wink:

Gloating is over-rated IMO. If something I say is proven true (which is rare :P ), I don't need to pat myself on the back or have others do it for me. Knowing I was right is good enough. Different strokes indeed. :D

If people get enjoyment out of reading that stuff, good for them. I still don't get it, but whatever floats your boat.

[mod soapbox] I echo your hopes about where it hopefully ends; if a board member got caught trolling on another board, that person would most likely have trouble with his or her LGP login shortly thereafter, especially if it brought trouble back here.[/mod soapbox]

I'd like to believe no one here would make a bad decision like that, but I've been around too long to be that naive.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby marek on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:34 am

and on that note... elvis has left the building. good night!
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guido on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:38 am

Another multi-goal lead blown, yet another win.

It was a very exciting game to watch, I just hope the Pens realize that they cannot allow this to happen with this kind of regularity. When they have their colelctive feet on the opponents' collective throats, they have to squeeze the life out of them. If this team does not realize how critical it is to close out a team, this issue may come to bite them later in the season. Getting wins and points out of these blown leads does not exactly leave the bitter taste in their mouths that it should. While it's good that they still manage to pull out wins/points after blowing leads, I hope they can see that this is an issue that needs to be solved for them to be successful.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 am

Wow Sabu got screwed. He deserved a star for more than Gogo. Hard to disagree with Crosby or Gagne though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 am

the philly feed didn't show hartnell's tantrum after richards' no-goal. can anyone get it online?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Easton on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:49 am

Well, this is interesting. After starting out offensively challenged, the Penguins now rank 2nd in the NHL for goals scored.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins