Sydor traded to Dallas for Boucher according to RDS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sydor traded to Dallas for Boucher according to RDS

Postby Bob McKenzie on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
tombarrassorules wrote:solid all the way around.

eaton is gonna bite the dust at the deadline if not before. having a lot of d-men makes sense just in case for now, but when the deadline roles around...good night irene.

if we're talking about how much a genius shero is...he's gonna pry one of the big three out of ottawa for eaton and a bag of pucks. word on the street was ottawa was looking to deal if they lost to the islanders and they did.

If that is in fact the case, what do you think about Heatly on Sid's wing? I don't like the guy and he looks like Alfalfa with the way he parts his hair, but he would make more sense financially than guys like Kovalchuck and Gaborik.

Heatley isn't on the block in Ottawa. Rumors are that Spezza may be.

Gaborik's on the block and Kovalchuk may be on the block.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby Tek Jansen on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:13 am

Orpik-Gonchar
Letang-Whitney
Boucher-Gogo

And no more Malkin on the point? I like!
And just think of this, when Sid or Geno pass up to the point, if we have that line up, we'll get some shots on net and not a dump back into the corner!
Tek Jansen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 am

I don't think Spezza is the type of player that Ray Shero would acquire, if you know what I mean.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 am

I hope J-Bo doesn't go to Ottawa. Some paper in Ottawa was proposing a deal involving Vermette + others to Florida for J-Bo.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PittPensFan on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 am

Tek Jansen wrote:Orpik-Gonchar
Letang-Whitney
Boucher-Gogo

And no more Malkin on the point? I like!
And just think of this, when Sid or Geno pass up to the point, if we have that line up, we'll get some shots on net and not a dump back into the corner!

Yeah, get Malkin back to the right half-wall, where he belongs.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittPensFan on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I don't think Spezza is the type of player that Ray Shero would acquire, if you know what I mean.

What, gutless?
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:16 am

PittPensFan wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I don't think Spezza is the type of player that Ray Shero would acquire, if you know what I mean.

What, gutless?

Yep, that's what I was going for.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:20 am

Karl_Racki wrote:Umm, just read Boucher has had two shoulder injuries over the past two years.. Yuck.

Wow lol just wow You gotta be down on everything don't you? You're probably ticked that they're record is 11-4
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PittPensFan on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 am

tombarrassorules wrote:http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/sh/comments/sens_win_tonight_or_someone_will_get_voted_off_the_island/

surivor. only the sens aint surviving. ugly on the island tonight.

See what happens when you neglect your goaltending and assemble a team of choking dogs?
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:38 am

What I said on HF that I'm too lazy to re-type...

"If the deal remains straight up Boucher for Sydor...it's an obvious win for Pittsburgh...I was thinking optimistically we could swing a 6th rounder for him, or last ditch: re-entry waivers, Mark Recchi style...but the fact that we got a capable offensive defenseman, with a right-handed shot, who admittedly has not been stellar this year...but I mean, put him on a power play with Crosby, Malkin, etc. and I'm sure we can make him good...

Again, if it stands, sensational job by Shero once again...making something out of absolutely nothing..."

Adding...Boucher is really talented, I liked him a lot back in the day...he's off to a slow start this year, but so are the Stars in general...I think we got a steal here, all things considered...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby EagleMorph on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:41 am

This deal, coupled with the emergence of Goligoski/Letang, really makes me believe that Whitney is going to be used for a scoring winger once he returns and shows he's healthy.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:43 am

SolidSnake wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:This is a highway robbery trade on Shero's part. Boucher is a machine back there.

I just read that you said the same thing lol This trade had to happen during/after the game.

Shero probably finalized it after Eaton mishandled the puck at the point tonight.

I can't believe this. Am i missing something or did Shero just steal a Star? Maybe its one of those stars that have been been burnt out for years, but the light is just touching us now. Hopefully this isnt the case with Boucher here in Pittsburgh. :wink:
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wondermoose on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 am

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat?

This can't be....
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 am

Trading Whitney at this point doesn't make a ton of sense to me EM. He's coming off a down year and a lengthy absence due to an injury. I'm sure he has some trade value, but compared to where it could be, it's got to be low right now, relatively speaking. Trading anyone, let alone a high-potential guy on a reasonable contract, when their value is low doesn't strike me as something Shero would be considering.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:46 am

prove it
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NJ5934 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:47 am

I'm skeptical, no NHL, no TSN, no Pittsburgh Penguins yet. These hoaxes always spring from "French" sister sites.

I don't think Boucher is anywhere the player he was a couple years ago, but if this is accurate it's still highway robbery considering Sydor was a healthy scratch.

Whitney, Boucher, Letang and Gogo should make for some interesting hockey in another month or so.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 am

Boucher was a healthy scratch tonight for Dallas, so perhaps this was in the works from pretty early on...
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cs6687 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:52 am

NJ5934 wrote:I'm skeptical, no NHL, no TSN, no Pittsburgh Penguins yet. These hoaxes always spring from "French" sister sites.

I don't think Boucher is anywhere the player he was a couple years ago, but if this is accurate it's still highway robbery considering Sydor was a healthy scratch.

Whitney, Boucher, Letang and Gogo should make for some interesting hockey in another month or so.

RDS is the French version of TSN, I believe. Also, it's 2am EST. We won't see anything until sunrise.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bob McKenzie on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:53 am

cs6687 wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:I'm skeptical, no NHL, no TSN, no Pittsburgh Penguins yet. These hoaxes always spring from "French" sister sites.

RDS is the French version of TSN, I believe. Also, it's 2am EST. We won't see anything until sunrise.

Exactly.

RDS is a legit source.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby EagleMorph on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:55 am

netwolf wrote:Trading Whitney at this point doesn't make a ton of sense to me EM. He's coming off a down year and a lengthy absence due to an injury. I'm sure he has some trade value, but compared to where it could be, it's got to be low right now, relatively speaking. Trading anyone, let alone a high-potential guy on a reasonable contract, when their value is low doesn't strike me as something Shero would be considering.

All good points, but perhaps the player coming back is also a high-potential guy on a reasonable contract who is currently struggling or recovering from an injury. We crack about the Senators, but Alfreddson could come cheaper than expected.

Tampa Bay could start shedding players because of the twitchy ownership. They may not shed salary, but they move someone like St. Louis to fix other portions of their team. Defense and goalie would be a start.

Toronto has nothing. What about Jason Blake? St. Louis hasn't made any progress. Brad Boyes? Edmonton and Dustin Penner? Colorado and Milan Hejduk?

All raise eyebrows, but no one hear expected Hossa either.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:59 am

Jason Blake and Dustin Penner aren't good...at all...I wouldn't have traded Sydor for either of them, all things considered...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:59 am

Wow, what a great trade if true. This guy has big time game when hes playing well.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby EagleMorph on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:03 am

mikey287 wrote:Jason Blake and Dustin Penner aren't good...at all...I wouldn't have traded Sydor for either of them, all things considered...

I was just throwing some names up there.

Personally, I'd love for a Whitney to St. Louis trade for Brad Boyes. Imagine him with Crosby. :shock:
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bob McKenzie on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:06 am

EagleMorph wrote:
netwolf wrote:Trading Whitney at this point doesn't make a ton of sense to me EM. He's coming off a down year and a lengthy absence due to an injury. I'm sure he has some trade value, but compared to where it could be, it's got to be low right now, relatively speaking. Trading anyone, let alone a high-potential guy on a reasonable contract, when their value is low doesn't strike me as something Shero would be considering.

All good points, but perhaps the player coming back is also a high-potential guy on a reasonable contract who is currently struggling or recovering from an injury. We crack about the Senators, but Alfreddson could come cheaper than expected.

Tampa Bay could start shedding players because of the twitchy ownership. They may not shed salary, but they move someone like St. Louis to fix other portions of their team. Defense and goalie would be a start.

Toronto has nothing. What about Jason Blake? St. Louis hasn't made any progress. Brad Boyes? Edmonton and Dustin Penner? Colorado and Milan Hejduk?

All raise eyebrows, but no one hear expected Hossa either.

Sens ain't going to trade Alfredsson, especially to a Conference rival. Their fans would burn down their arena.

Tampa Bay is going to implode. I wouldn't want St. Louis. He's turning 34 soon.

We don't need Blake. We're solid at C with Sid, Geno, Staal, and the preying mantis.

I like Boyes but St. Louis isn't going to trade him, especially for a defenseman when they already have Erik Johnson, Pietrangelo, and possibly Hedman if they keep sucking.

I don't see Shero trading Whitney, at least at this point. Like someone mentioned above, why trade him when he's coming off an injury and why would you trade for a player that you don't know how is going to play the game after coming back from such an injury.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:08 am

EagleMorph wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Jason Blake and Dustin Penner aren't good...at all...I wouldn't have traded Sydor for either of them, all things considered...

I was just throwing some names up there.

Personally, I'd love for a Whitney to St. Louis trade for Brad Boyes. Imagine him with Crosby. :shock:

I hear ya...and yes, Whitney for Boyes is a trade I would consider...probably move some minor parts in the deal, I'd have a good amount of interest in Nikita Nikitin if we can only get a throw in...or Nikolai Lemtyugov if we can get something bigger...but needless fodder...

EDIT: Alfredsson was signed long-term a couple weeks ago, IIRC...
Last edited by mikey287 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins