Shero praise...from me = )

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Shero praise...from me = )

Postby Ron` on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Ray Shero is a smart man, given the cards he's dealt. Extreme possiblilites with the talent assembled when he walked in. Hasn't done the I have to win it now, sacrificing the assets of the franchise. He's been solid with his trades. Been hard to deny that.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Barracuda on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Everyone is misunderstanding me. I'm not complaining about not having scoring wingers. I would consider Fedotenko, Satan, and Sykora all scoring wingers, but by signing them to short term deals, all of them wont be back next year. I wouldn't want these guys signed long term anyway because of age, but it seems like crosby is constantly forced to develop chemistry with a new winger (or wingers)
Barracuda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Three Stars on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Barracuda wrote:I'm not complaining about not having scoring wingers. I would consider Fedotenko, Satan, and Sykora all scoring wingers, but by signing them to short term deals, all of them wont be back next year. I wouldn't want these guys signed long term anyway because of age, but it seems like crosby is constantly forced to develop chemistry with a new winger (or wingers)

Um, you're complaining about Fedotenko, Satan and Sykora not coming back...but you don't want them...but Crosby needs wingers...but you're not complaining about not having scoring wingers.

Dude, that's deep.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Barracuda on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:21 pm

you're still not understanding me. All I'm saying is I would like Shero to find a winger or two that could fit into this team for more than just a year or two and build chemistry with malkin or crosby.

But thanks for making fun of me for not getting what I was saying. that was also deep.
Barracuda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby purelebo84 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 pm

The best cap manager in the NHL.

Everyone's saying the Pens need to spend 5 million to replace Malone and Hossa, and he goes out and gets Satan (8 goals, 7 assists, 3.5 million) and Fedotenko (4 goals, 4 assists, 2.5 million).

Meanwhile, Justin Williams, Ryan Malone.... overpaid and doing nothing.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Barracuda wrote:you're still not understanding me. All I'm saying is I would like Shero to find a winger or two that could fit into this team for more than just a year or two and build chemistry with malkin or crosby.

But thanks for making fun of me for not getting what I was saying. that was also deep.

um, i think that was the goal with Hossa. he didn't have any choice once hossa signed with detroit. he did the best he could with what was left.

as if shero isn't well aware that he needs a top notch winger for sid. wow, brilliant concept. thats obviously his #1 priority.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Barracuda on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

I still have mixed feelings about hossa. While it would have been nice to see him back, the pens would have had almost $25 million wrapped up in three players. Im not sure exactly what the cap is but isnt it like $55 million
Barracuda
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins