Penguin Weddings

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguin Weddings

Postby Gage18 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:26 pm

My friend went and bought his wife nachos...and came back with nachos and a ring lol the best of both worlds a suppose...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pittsburghkid on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:39 pm

One time when I was drunk at a game I asked the girlfriend of Alex Hicks to marry me.

BTW she said no
Pittsburghkid

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 pm

Alex Hicks - That's a blast from the past.

I checked Wikipedia to see what he is up to. Looks like he spent some time in Europe playing in a German Hockey League for 6 seasons until retiring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hicks
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:58 pm

My husband and I joked about how great it would be to see the entire team of the Pittsburgh Penguins rollerblading up the aisle prior to the march and having the church organist play hockey music. That would have been awesome.

We decided that was probably out of our budget. :|
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The U on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I was in Hawaii last year on my honeymoon while the Pens were playing Games 1 and 2 vs Philly in the playoffs. I spent a few hours in the hotel room both of those days watching the action on my laptop via extraordinary measures involving proxy servers, hidden IPs, Peer-to-Peer networks, firewalls, you name it. Was all worth it though :)

Another funny tidbit is that after game 2 ended, I walked out to the pool/beach area and was talking to my dad about the game on my cellphone. After I hung up the guy sitting next to me told me he was from Pittsburgh and he had just spent the past day trying to figure out how to get the game. He was forced to rely on phone calls and text messages from home to keep him updated. I guess he met me few hours too late or I could have helped him out. My wife didn't mind this at all FWIW, she watched the games with me. The games were actually on at noon Hawaii time so they served as a decent break from the sun. Spent 3 hours outside....watch the game for 2 hours inside....then go back out again.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby marek on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Gage18 wrote:My friend went and bought his wife nachos...and came back with nachos and a ring lol the best of both worlds a suppose...

that just brought a tear to my eye :) LOL
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby gal2002reff on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:04 pm

My husband and I just got married this past May-actually the first day of the Stanley Cup Finals. What kind of information would you like? We had a complete Penguins wedding, from the gold bridesmaid dress, to tables named after current and former Pens players, plus the best was our cake held up my miniature stanley cups with a zamboni too. I'll send you an e-mail too!
gal2002reff

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 pm

gal2002reff wrote:My husband and I just got married this past May-actually the first day of the Stanley Cup Finals. What kind of information would you like? We had a complete Penguins wedding, from the gold bridesmaid dress, to tables named after current and former Pens players, plus the best was our cake held up my miniature stanley cups with a zamboni too. I'll send you an e-mail too!

You might just happen to be my hero.

Yep. You are.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby socket on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Part of my honeymoon was spent in a hotel in Toronto watching the Pens in a similar fashion as "The U"

Was well worth the $10 I spent for 24 hours of net access!
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 pm

My wife and I were married on 4/26/97...the date of Mario's first last game (before he unretired).

At the reception I wore my Pens jersey along with the kilt I wore for the wedding.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:49 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:
gal2002reff wrote:My husband and I just got married this past May-actually the first day of the Stanley Cup Finals. What kind of information would you like? We had a complete Penguins wedding, from the gold bridesmaid dress, to tables named after current and former Pens players, plus the best was our cake held up my miniature stanley cups with a zamboni too. I'll send you an e-mail too!

You might just happen to be my hero.

Yep. You are.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kicksave on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:44 pm

How can she be a hero?

She had her wedding ON the first day of the Cup. Unless there was a break in the day/night to watch the game, or a big screen was set up at the reception, then this is an epic failure.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Kicksave wrote:How can she be a hero?

She had her wedding ON the first day of the Cup. Unless there was a break in the day/night to watch the game, or a big screen was set up at the reception, then this is an epic failure.

I guess they should have called Petr the Psychic Sykora and asked him when day one of the finals would be when setting the wedding date ahead of time!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:58 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:

I guess they should have called Petr the Psychic Sykora and asked him when day one of the finals would be when setting the wedding date ahead of time!

Pwned. :lol:
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:24 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:

If they were true fans, they would have moved the day. Expenses be damned. Or made it later during the summer.

You can't plan anything until after the 2nd week of June. Epic planning failure.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh please.
How do you know they didn't watch the game, anyway? Maybe it was a simple wedding. I would have gladly watched a finals game on my wedding day. Big whoop.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:42 pm

My wife and I got busy during that famous OT comeback against the Caps last year, where they came back from 4-1 in the 3rd.

Does that count for anything? Maybe not, since I had the TV muted and she didn't know I was watching it.

HAHA.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:56 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:My wife and I got busy during that famous OT comeback against the Caps last year, where they came back from 4-1 in the 3rd.

Does that count for anything?

Uh....really good juju? :lol:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Our wedding party entered to the pens tunnel music.

She also wore a penguins garter for the toss and everything.

Also, the biggest cheer at our wedding was during the photo montage where me and my wife had a pic with Ryan Malone
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 pm

This thread is scary.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins