The Wild - sucking the air out of a rink near you

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Wild - sucking the air out of a rink near you

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

KG wrote:
Draftnik wrote:The Pens lost the game when they didn't capitalize on the 3rd period PPs. They had their chances to win the game and failed.

This...

I'm not going to bash the Wild...Don't a ton of teams play the trap anyway? Don't the pens play the trap as well at times?

The Penguins do trap. As a matter of fact they play a very similiar style (to the Wild). I wonder if Wild fans were saying the same thing about the Penguins last night.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ron` on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:51 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Ron` wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Who can tell me the difference between the Pens' system and that of the Wild?

Here's a hint: Its not possible.
The talent level of this team can explode playing the same game on any given night. If they are behind they can just release the hounds to give it the old college try. That's the difference. It's possible, anything is possible with the talent here vs the Wild. Particularly with Gaborik out. Pens are far more suited to just be patient and pick your chances than the Wild.

The pens are far more suited to play any style than the Wild are, so the Wild play the style that gives them the best chance to win.
How about we just play lawn jarts, you stand on one side of the hedge and I'll stand behind the house :) You're killing me with this response. The Pens playing solid D all season prepares them for the playoffs. The Wild playing this game gets them into the playoffs. The Wild goes still goes golfing sooner.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:02 am

Ron` wrote:How about we just play lawn jarts, you stand on one side of the hedge and I'll stand behind the house :) You're killing me with this response. The Pens playing solid D all season prepares them for the playoffs. The Wild playing this game gets them into the playoffs. The Wild goes still goes golfing sooner.

You're killing me with this response.

Gameplan A gets you into the playoffs with the talent you currently have
Gameplan B only gets you into the playoffs if you have more talent than you currently have

Its not real hard to figure out which way a team is going to play.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins