Based on their careers thus far, how would you rate the top five from that year? Here's my order:
1. Johnathan Toews - Captain of the Hawks, and tremendous hockey-sense.
2. Erik Johnson - Before getting injured, he was beginning to show his worth as the #1 from that draft.
3. Jordan Staal - Inconsistent to this point, but in terms of pure upside, I think he has the most out of all.
4. Phil Kessel - Starting to turn into the sniper that everyone thought he would become.
5. Nicklas Backstrom - Puts up the points with Ovechkin, and a great passer, but I don't think he has the upside for a true #1 center.
Five years from now, if Staal reaches his potential, there's no doubt in my mind that he will be the class of the draft.