Okay, I have been back to the board fairly often for the last few weeks after a brutal semester in college, a pretty awful workplace (Subway fyi), and a loss in my family in October, and I come to read the board and revel in the glory of the Pens, but all I see are negative threads. So I purpose that we have an overall, positive thread. No negativity!
Reason to be positive:
1. Through 19 games, the Penguins are 4th in the East and 2nd in the Atlantic. The Rangers are 1st in both, but are only 3 points ahead having played 3 more games. Meaning that we WILL surpass them and be 1st in the East by the end of the season.
2. All of this has been achieved without the top 2 defensemen in term of point production and their roles on the PP (which by the way hasn't bottom out at 19.1%).
3. Geno and Sid are 1st and 3rd in points, despite lower powerplay production than was to be expected.
4. Defense and goaltending have become a strong point on this team. When was the last time anyone here could say that?
5. Sabu is playing absolutely on his head. GAA 1.59 Save Percentage .940 Those are numbers that MAF was putting up last year in the huge run of points that the team had.
6. Didn't we make it to the Stanley Cup Finals last year? Did I dream that?
So, before everyone starts screaming to trade Letang and Goligoski, that Malkin is better than Crosby, or that Jordan Staal is a complete bust, remember that this team is in a perfect position to win the East, that by the end of the year the PP will be back in the above 20%, MT will have his lines set for the playoffs, and this team will be crushing people.
Just like your mom always told you, post some more reasons to be positive about the season to date or don't post at all.