WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby neophool on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Too bad LA loves the kid, with good reason. I say we blackmail LA and get the to trade us Dustin.


Damn, he would look great on a line with Sid.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,349
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 am
Location: The Dumps

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:38 pm

OKEY DOKEY. I'm thinking LA wishes they had our problems.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:38 pm

If Dustin Brown came to the pens, I would cry for approximately 3 months. That said, the thought of him coming here is idiotic, he'll be with the Kings for the duration of his contract + 5 years.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby bhaw on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:40 pm

It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:43 pm

bhaw wrote:It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.


If anyone ever questions Dustin Brown, i'll get their address and go figh tthem, i dont care if i get my ass beat. He is a champion.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

bhaw wrote:It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.
So when do they start turning on him? Dustin is a quality person and player, 50 goals in a season is most likely his career limit. Meaning, if he ever gets that, he's had his best year.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

He and his wife also love LA.

He's had many interviews, from when he purchased his new home, about how much he and (especially) his wife love it here, and that they intend this to be their long term home. He's stated, he doesn't want to go anywhere.


(Disclaimer: The opportunity to play with Sid and Geno always having the possibility of adding an asterisk to any player's statement, such as the above. :wink: )
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,666
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:47 pm

dagny wrote:He and his wife also love LA.

He's had many interviews, from when he purchased his new home, about how much he and (especially) his wife love it here, and that they intend this to be their long term home. He's stated, he doesn't want to go anywhere.


(Disclaimer: The opportunity to play with Sid and Geno always having the possibility of adding an asterisk to any player's statement, such as the above. :wink: )
Rumour is he likes his fans too :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby bhaw on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Ron` wrote:
bhaw wrote:It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.
So when do they start turning on him? Dustin is a quality person and player, 50 goals in a season is most likely his career limit. Meaning, if he ever gets that, he's had his best year.


Sorry... I didn't mean to start discussion. I thought this was a pointless thread considering there is no chance of us ever acquiring the guy and it's just typical "the grass is greener" sentiments that always occur after a loss.

My point is valid though... another player is always better than who we have... until we get him and then he's not good enough. Brown would be so ungodly over-hyped if he ever came here that he would have no shot of living up to expectations.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,986
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:56 pm

bhaw wrote:
Ron` wrote:
bhaw wrote:It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.
So when do they start turning on him? Dustin is a quality person and player, 50 goals in a season is most likely his career limit. Meaning, if he ever gets that, he's had his best year.


Sorry... I didn't mean to start discussion. I thought this was a pointless thread considering there is no chance of us ever acquiring the guy and it's just typical "the grass is greener" sentiments that always occur after a loss.

My point is valid though... another player is always better than who we have... until we get him and then he's not good enough. Brown would be so ungodly over-hyped if he ever came here that he would have no shot of living up to expectations.


Brown would be a great fit on any team. Its hard to overhype a player that can work inside any system. He is the perfect NHL player, he would have been successful in the old NHL and will be successful in the new NHL.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:59 pm

bhaw wrote:
Ron` wrote:
bhaw wrote:It would be funny to see everyone clamoring over the guy turn on him when he doesn't put up 50 goals.
So when do they start turning on him? Dustin is a quality person and player, 50 goals in a season is most likely his career limit. Meaning, if he ever gets that, he's had his best year.


Sorry... I didn't mean to start discussion. I thought this was a pointless thread considering there is no chance of us ever acquiring the guy and it's just typical "the grass is greener" sentiments that always occur after a loss.

My point is valid though... another player is always better than who we have... until we get him and then he's not good enough. Brown would be so ungodly over-hyped if he ever came here that he would have no shot of living up to expectations.
I think you read that wrong for emotion. Dustin is great, but 50 goals is likely his top end for his career in one season. Any team would love to have him. And any fan that whined should be ashamed. That was all I was trying to say.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Ron` wrote:Think you read that wrong for emotion. Dustin is great, but 50 goals is likely his top end for his career in one season. Any team would love to have him. And any fan that whined should be ashamed. That was all I was trying to say.


I love D Brown, he's among my favorite players, but you're right. If he ever touches 50 goals, it will be impressive. He's a 30-35 goal player thats able to bring a lot of other things to his team. He's never gonna be in competition with the top goal scorers, but he's gonna be a very high quality player and a great leader on his team.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Nizzy on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:50 pm

OHMAHGAWDZZZ WHOSE GOIGN TO BE CROWSSSIEEESS WINGGAR?r?RRR
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,594
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Yaoming_meme.jpg

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Nizzy wrote:OHMAHGAWDZZZ WHOSE GOIGN TO BE CROWSSSIEEESS WINGGAR?r?RRR


I hope posts like this don't become a trend, i have too many people ignored as it is.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm sure he would be happy to move to Pittsburgh, and embrace the cloudy weather, the fat mill-hunkie women, and the tremendous economy. For sure. Who wouldn't want to leave LA for here?
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby purelebo84 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Malkin for Brown and Kopitar!
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,949
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: The 412

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:30 am

Brown loves LA ,his wife loves LA? hm.. Tough job then to get him here ;) i think he would love Pitt in a moment when he would be winning instead of losing.. I would love to see him ou here and also our Kopy then... Send Staal,Whitney and 5th rounder for Dustin and Kopy,that should do it.. Then Malkin can without a problem plays on 1st line with Sid and Dustin,our Kopy can carry 2nd line with Satan and Sykora..
Brown - Crosby - Malkin
Sykora - Kopy - Satan
Cooke - Talbot - Kennedy
Fedo - Ziggy - Dupuis
thats one scary team ;) but also too expensive..
Gonchar - Orpik
Gill - Letang
Boucher - Scuderi
x - Eaton
Gogo goes down this year,next back up when Phillip is gone..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,460
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 am

Pens4Life wrote:Brown loves LA ,his wife loves LA? hm.. Tough job then to get him here ;) i think he would love Pitt in a moment when he would be winning instead of losing.. I would love to see him ou here and also our Kopy then... Send Staal,Whitney and 5th rounder for Dustin and Kopy,that should do it.. Then Malkin can without a problem plays on 1st line with Sid and Dustin,our Kopy can carry 2nd line with Satan and Sykora..
Brown - Crosby - Malkin
Sykora - Kopy - Satan
Cooke - Talbot - Kennedy
Fedo - Ziggy - Dupuis
thats one scary team ;) but also too expensive..
Gonchar - Orpik
Gill - Letang
Boucher - Scuderi
x - Eaton
Gogo goes down this year,next back up when Phillip is gone..


1. Please tell me you're joking
2. In a few years the Kings can easily be a power in the west
3. Why would Malkin ever yield his natural position to Kopitar?
4. Why would LA be willing to part with Kopitar or Brown?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Bob McKenzie on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:15 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:Brown loves LA ,his wife loves LA? hm.. Tough job then to get him here ;) i think he would love Pitt in a moment when he would be winning instead of losing.. I would love to see him ou here and also our Kopy then... Send Staal,Whitney and 5th rounder for Dustin and Kopy,that should do it.. Then Malkin can without a problem plays on 1st line with Sid and Dustin,our Kopy can carry 2nd line with Satan and Sykora..
Brown - Crosby - Malkin
Sykora - Kopy - Satan
Cooke - Talbot - Kennedy
Fedo - Ziggy - Dupuis
thats one scary team ;) but also too expensive..
Gonchar - Orpik
Gill - Letang
Boucher - Scuderi
x - Eaton
Gogo goes down this year,next back up when Phillip is gone..


1. Please tell me you're joking
2. In a few years the Kings can easily be a power in the west
3. Why would Malkin ever yield his natural position to Kopitar?
4. Why would LA be willing to part with Kopitar or Brown?


Exactly.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:Brown loves LA ,his wife loves LA? hm.. Tough job then to get him here ;) i think he would love Pitt in a moment when he would be winning instead of losing.. I would love to see him ou here and also our Kopy then... Send Staal,Whitney and 5th rounder for Dustin and Kopy,that should do it.. Then Malkin can without a problem plays on 1st line with Sid and Dustin,our Kopy can carry 2nd line with Satan and Sykora..
Brown - Crosby - Malkin
Sykora - Kopy - Satan
Cooke - Talbot - Kennedy
Fedo - Ziggy - Dupuis
thats one scary team ;) but also too expensive..
Gonchar - Orpik
Gill - Letang
Boucher - Scuderi
x - Eaton
Gogo goes down this year,next back up when Phillip is gone..


1. Please tell me you're joking
2. In a few years the Kings can easily be a power in the west
3. Why would Malkin ever yield his natural position to Kopitar?
4. Why would LA be willing to part with Kopitar or Brown?


1. He's not.
2. Yes.
3. Because its P4L
4. They wouldn't.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,487
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby canaan on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:16 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Nizzy wrote:OHMAHGAWDZZZ WHOSE GOIGN TO BE CROWSSSIEEESS WINGGAR?r?RRR


I hope posts like this don't become a trend, i have too many people ignored as it is.


OHMAIGODZ IDIOT HATZ TEH LEETZ SPEEK! :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,465
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby KG on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:39 am

Gotta get over Dustin Brown. What it would cost to get him from LA...you don't want him..
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,966
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:Brown loves LA ,his wife loves LA? hm.. Tough job then to get him here ;) i think he would love Pitt in a moment when he would be winning instead of losing.. I would love to see him ou here and also our Kopy then... Send Staal,Whitney and 5th rounder for Dustin and Kopy,that should do it.. Then Malkin can without a problem plays on 1st line with Sid and Dustin,our Kopy can carry 2nd line with Satan and Sykora..
Brown - Crosby - Malkin
Sykora - Kopy - Satan
Cooke - Talbot - Kennedy
Fedo - Ziggy - Dupuis
thats one scary team ;) but also too expensive..
Gonchar - Orpik
Gill - Letang
Boucher - Scuderi
x - Eaton
Gogo goes down this year,next back up when Phillip is gone..


1. Please tell me you're joking
2. In a few years the Kings can easily be a power in the west
3. Why would Malkin ever yield his natural position to Kopitar?
4. Why would LA be willing to part with Kopitar or Brown?


1. He's not.
2. Yes.
3. Because its P4L
4. They wouldn't.


oo everybody fantasies only me cant? o god forbid.. I think almost everybody here would love to see that happen,if it is realistic? Not really we all know that..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,460
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: WTB Dustin Brown on the Pens

Postby neophool on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:40 pm

maybe Dustin will get homesick for Ithaca and demand a trade to pittsburgh, only 5 hours from Ithaca, NY!!!!!!

YUS!!!!!!!!



p.s. never mind that buffalo, philly, and even the Rangers are closer to ithaca then pittsburgh.


p.s.s. Dustin would come to Pittsburgh and take a discount to play with Dupuis.


p.s.s. i'm drunk almost
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,349
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 am
Location: The Dumps


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

e-mail