Will Curry get a start?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Will Curry get a start?

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Conklin went from an organization where he had no chance to be starter to one that he did. He's outplaying Osgood and it wouldn't be a surprise if he ends up being the starter in Detroit. I don't think there's any way Sabourin stays here. He can both get paid more elsewhere and have more opportunity. He might not outright be the starter, but he should be able to find a place where he could at least conceivably grab that role if he performs well. Here, he makes near the minimum and gets 15-20 starts if Fleury stays healthy. He should be able to double his salary and his playing time elsewhere.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Henry Hank wrote:Conklin went from an organization where he had no chance to be starter to one that he did. He's outplaying Osgood and it wouldn't be a surprise if he ends up being the starter in Detroit. I don't think there's any way Sabourin stays here. He can both get paid more elsewhere and have more opportunity. He might not outright be the starter, but he should be able to find a place where he could at least conceivably grab that role if he performs well. Here, he makes near the minimum and gets 15-20 starts if Fleury stays healthy. He should be able to double his salary and his playing time elsewhere.

As usual, the explanation of what I was leaning towards made far better than I could have put it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby helmespc on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm

Henry Hank wrote:Conklin went from an organization where he had no chance to be starter to one that he did. He's outplaying Osgood and it wouldn't be a surprise if he ends up being the starter in Detroit. I don't think there's any way Sabourin stays here. He can both get paid more elsewhere and have more opportunity. He might not outright be the starter, but he should be able to find a place where he could at least conceivably grab that role if he performs well. Here, he makes near the minimum and gets 15-20 starts if Fleury stays healthy. He should be able to double his salary and his playing time elsewhere.

I'll buy it... :)
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins