Download the latest MALKIN game here! Metallurg Mg v. Dynamo

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Download the latest MALKIN game here! Metallurg Mg v. Dynamo

Postby elliot on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Head on over to Center Ice Forums:

http://ciforums.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=3163

Russian Superleague, Metallurg Magnitogorsk vs. Moscow Dynamo, from Feb 1, 06.

I bet you even CP hasnt seen this game yet. I've watched half a dozen Malkin games this season thanks to that site, and Malkin is hands down better than Crosby.
Dont believe me? Check it out for yourself!
elliot

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:36 pm

that link wont work, can you link to the file itself?
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby elliot on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:55 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:that link wont work, can you link to the file itself?

It'll work once you've registered with the site. :)
elliot

Postby FallenHero96 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:07 am

*sigh*

1st period - http://tracker.denness.net//allowed/928 ... d5.torrent

2nd period - http://tracker.denness.net//allowed/229 ... 90.torrent

3rd period - http://tracker.denness.net//allowed/8a4 ... f2.torrent

You need to know what a torrent is in order to download the videos.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

What program do you use to watch these files

Postby MariosMilitia on Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:49 am

:?:
MariosMilitia

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:37 pm

how do i view .torrent files?
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby elliot on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:37 pm

if you have no clue what a torrent is, i strongly recommend you NOT to get Azureus. It is for hardcore power users. I suggest getting uTorrent instead, which is much easier for users who're new to this.
http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

btw, you dont watch the .torrent files themselves. u run the .torrent files in uTorrent to download the game, which is in avi files. Then you'll need VLC media player to watch the avi files
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
elliot

Postby wondermoose on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:40 pm

There are tons of torrent programs, they're all the same though really.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby elliot on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:31 pm

wondermoose wrote:There are tons of torrent programs, they're all the same though really.

That's like saying there are 30 teams in the NHL, and they're really all the same. :roll: Sure...the Senators are really the same as the Pens..... :roll:
elliot

Postby the wicked child on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:04 am

Cool, thanks for the links.

I have it downloaded, but prob won't get around to wtaching it until tuesday or so because of the super bowl. :)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:57 am

elliot wrote:
wondermoose wrote:There are tons of torrent programs, they're all the same though really.

That's like saying there are 30 teams in the NHL, and they're really all the same. :roll: Sure...the Senators are really the same as the Pens..... :roll:

A torrent program is a torrent program! They're all simple enough to use.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:19 pm

Bump for informational purposes :D
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Okay... do I need something special to play these damn videos? I've tried 5 different players to no avail... either they freeze up or in the case of WMP, it displays the first frame, but won't start actually playing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Did you use a torrent program to d/l the file? If so, and it fully completed, it should appear as a movie of any other type. No codec should be needed on top of the standard Win media player (shudder) and it should play fine in your choice of players. I'd make sure your download wasn't corrupt if you're seeing only the 1st frame.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:01 pm

If it shows the first frame and then freezes, don't worry. It will begin to play in a minute.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby elliot on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:46 am

the wicked child wrote:Okay... do I need something special to play these damn videos? I've tried 5 different players to no avail... either they freeze up or in the case of WMP, it displays the first frame, but won't start actually playing.

Wicked, can u tell me the file names of what you have downloaded? That'll help me figure out what you need to do to watch the vids.
elliot

? about downloading the torrent files

Postby MariosMilitia on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:26 pm

when i try to download the files in the torrent program there is no progess with the download it just stays at 0%. what am i doing wrong
MariosMilitia

Re: ? about downloading the torrent files

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:55 pm

MariosMilitia wrote:when i try to download the files in the torrent program there is no progess with the download it just stays at 0%. what am i doing wrong

That means no one is seeding (sharing) it right now. The file isnt on the web, its on other peoples computers. Someone needs to have the torrent window open in order for you to download from them.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby elliot on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:55 pm

Hey MariosMilitia, please ignore what FallenHero96 said, cos he hasnt got a clue.
If he'd checked out the tracker, he'd see there are 2-5 seeds and 2 peers for each of the periods for the game. So the file IS shared online and IS 100% available for download.

So if it isnt downloading, something is wrong on your end, and it can be fixed. Please go to http://ciforums.cjb.net/ and you can find help there, either from reading the FAQ/Help files in how to set up your BT client, or ask in the Help Forums where people who know what they're talking about will be able to help ya.
elliot

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:54 pm

elliot wrote:Hey MariosMilitia, please ignore what FallenHero96 said, cos he hasnt got a clue.
If he'd checked out the tracker, he'd see there are 2-5 seeds and 2 peers for each of the periods for the game. So the file IS shared online and IS 100% available for download.

So if it isnt downloading, something is wrong on your end, and it can be fixed. Please go to http://ciforums.cjb.net/ and you can find help there, either from reading the FAQ/Help files in how to set up your BT client, or ask in the Help Forums where people who know what they're talking about will be able to help ya.

No I didnt check, and I just assumed, cause that is usually the case when that happens for me. So I apologize if I gave you incorrect information.

Now elliot, must you be a smart ass jerk with the clue comment? If you had any class, you would realize I was trying to help and did not deserve to be attacked personally.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MariosMilitia on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:05 pm

Thanks
MariosMilitia

Postby elliot on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:08 am

FallenHero96 wrote: Now elliot, must you be a smart ass jerk with the clue comment? If you had any class, you would realize I was trying to help and did not deserve to be attacked personally.

Dont you hate it when you go into the store and ask the clerk if they have something in stock, and they said they're out of it without even bothering to check, as if they know it as fact. Then u go see for yourself and it's just sitting RIGHT THERE out in the open.
Sure they're trying to help......when they dont even bother looking. Do you know why some people are like that?
elliot

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 am

LetsGoPens.com Message Board Rules

1. Please keep the posts clean. Obscene or abusive language is not acceptable.
2. Personal attacks on posters of this board are also not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, please argue the point without resorting to name-calling.
3. If your post is derogatory toward other posters, inciteful for no reason, or fails any of the above conditions, I reserve the right to delete that message and the thread that follows in its entirety.
4. A pattern of improper posting may lead to you losing posting privileges.

Good work elliot. Ya got 2 of the 4 with one post.

Has anyone else ever seen the SNL skit, "Nick Burns, your company's computer guy"?

Calm down, fallenhero was trying to help.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby elliot on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:19 am

U know what Beezer, it's funny you of all people throw the rules at me. I know the rules, and you dont have a clue what you're talking about either.

You said earlier:
Vanbiesbrouck wrote: No codec should be needed on top of the standard Win media player (shudder) and it should play fine in your choice of players.

Um...did u bother looking at what the file is encoded with? it's encoded with XviD, and the standard Window Media Player absolutely cant play it by default, and you definitely need codecs on top of it to play the files, UNLESS you're using VLC, which has the codecs in it, which is why I recommended it in the first place. And when you dont have the codec, u can try all the players, but they just simply wont work.

You might think you're trying to help, but when you have no clue what you're talking about and is categorically wrong, are you really helping? or are you doing more harm than good? Isnt there some responsibility in the one "trying to help" to at least look into what they're talking about, instead of just making some broad assumption that is factually incorrect? And then you guys who're wrong have some problem with being called out for it? And seemingly with no remose for having given wrong "help" because of your own ineptitude?

And let me give you an example.
Someone comes on here and asks "Hey, what do I take to drive from Pittsburgh to Philly?"
and a clueless person goes "Oh, just take I-70 and go WEST for like 300 miles."
Then someone who's looked at the map says "Yo, if you do that, u'd end up in Indianapolis. You're supposed to take I-76 and go EAST for 300 miles"

So, is the clueless one really helping? or hurting? And once his mistake is pointed out, he's all like "oh, why are you picking on me??"

You get what I'm saying here?
elliot

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 am

Wow. You're. Just. Wow.

Here's what I did....I downloaded a torrent program. I downloaded the file. I opened media player. I watched the video. I didn't install any codecs.

Somebody needs to get to bed earlier or something.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins