MT powerplay game When will he juggle?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

MT powerplay game When will he juggle?

Postby E 14 Hornblower on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:37 am

Was thinking of comming up with a game just for kicks. Was wondering how long it will take for MT to juggle the first unit on the powerplay? Will it be one shift? Will it be one period? Will it be one game or multiple games? Yes I am verry bored but this powerplay shake up will split up eventually and its only a matter of when. No im not bashing the guy its just his style and it would be fun to have a game of it just for kicks.
E 14 Hornblower
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: MT powerplay game When will he juggle?

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:03 am

Unless they score within the first three, he juggles. Significantly.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Metalmike on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:08 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930546-61.stm

Metal Mike, Canada's #1 Penguins Fan.
Metalmike
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

Metalmike wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930546-61.stm

I think he was referring to how long it would be until he juggles this juggle.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby E 14 Hornblower on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:25 am

Mongoose87 wrote:
Metalmike wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930546-61.stm

I think he was referring to how long it would be until he juggles this juggle.

yep thats it just wondering how long will it take untill the new top powerplay unit is juggled
E 14 Hornblower
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Metalmike on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:58 am

Well from what it says on the PG for today, even though MT likes to juggle lines he wont juggle these new PP lines for the game vs. the Islanders, if it doesnt work he might just change things again for the next game but not tonight.
These PP lines will be given more than 1 chance to shine I bet.

Metalmike
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:02 am

Metalmike wrote:Well from what it says on the PG for today, even though MT likes to juggle lines he wont juggle these new PP lines for the game vs. the Islanders, if it doesnt work he might just change things again for the next game but not tonight.
These PP lines will be given more than 1 chance to shine I bet.

You would hope so, considering 1/5 is considered a good powerplay.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby isotopes014 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 am

dude i really like what crosby has to say in that article....

he's right when he says they have the ability its just certain battles they lose on the power play is what kills the oppurtinuty. they have the personell to have one of the top three pp's in the league. and they need the momentum of really making the other team pay for penalties.

the team has the right attitude. i just would like to see fleury back asap and the pp become sharp
isotopes014
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm of the opinion that the biggest problem is gaining the zone. They try to gain the zone with control of the puck, but for whatever reason, can't do it and they end up dumping it in right at the blue line. Now, the puck is back deep and the only attacking player that hits the line with any speed was the guy dumping it in. Everyone is is stopped at the blue line waiting for the puck.

If they are going to dump it in on the power play, the dump in needs to happen as soon as the puck crosses center red so the other players can hit the blue line with speed. They might have a chance at retrieving it then.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 pm

netwolf wrote:I'm of the opinion that the biggest problem is gaining the zone. They try to gain the zone with control of the puck, but for whatever reason, can't do it and they end up dumping it in right at the blue line. Now, the puck is back deep and the only attacking player that hits the line with any speed was the guy dumping it in. Everyone is is stopped at the blue line waiting for the puck.

If they are going to dump it in on the power play, the dump in needs to happen as soon as the puck crosses center red so the other players can hit the blue line with speed. They might have a chance at retrieving it then.

When the PP struggled in the past, it was for the exact same reason. When Gonch is in the line up, teams that have contained the Pens' PP did it by going after him in the neutral zone as he was the only Pen usually carrying the puck and forcing him to dump it early and blindly left the other 4 Penguins just standing still at the blueline.

If there is a criticism of Mike Yeo that I think is valid in regards to the PP, it would be the predictability of how the Pens try to carry the puck into the zone almost every time and too many guys standing in one spot that cannot react to anything that goes awry.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins