Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby bhaw on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:25 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
bhaw wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:yea, start hitting that Naty light.



You're such a girl... drink Natty Ice. Be a man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E


out of the college price range, otherwise we probably would.... naty light is incredibly cheap in st. louis because of the brewery



natty ice costs significantly more? In Colorado we had Keystone Light as the main beer. Ice was like an extra dollar or two per 30 pack.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,991
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby beerman on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
bhaw wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:yea, start hitting that Naty light.



You're such a girl... drink Natty Ice. Be a man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E


out of the college price range, otherwise we probably would.... naty light is incredibly cheap in st. louis because of the brewery


How much more is it? Here Natty light/ice are the same price.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,185
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby jimjom on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm

cerp66 wrote:Leaving work in a few mins to start my four day weekend.
I've got some Dale's Pale Ale waiting for me at home, and I'll be enjoying some Stone Ruination Ale on Thanksgiving Day. And unless you're a lover of fine beer, you have no clue what I'm talking about.


I would like to try Dale's, the can intrigues me and everybody raves about it.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,838
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 pm

It's like 11-12 for a 30 of light, i think ice is like 14, I'll have to check next time though
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:04 pm

cerp66 wrote:Leaving work in a few mins to start my four day weekend.
I've got some Dale's Pale Ale waiting for me at home, and I'll be enjoying some Stone Ruination Ale on Thanksgiving Day. And unless you're a lover of fine beer, you have no clue what I'm talking about.


If you like the ruination ale, I would highly recommend the double bastard ale. Top notch.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,382
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby tonysoprano on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:20 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Number Nine wrote:Your life may be kind of sad if you need to start drinking at 1 in the afternoon to enjoy a Penguins game.


Your life is definitely sad if you don't think the commencement of drinking at 1 in the afternoon is worthwhile.

Not quite as good at drinking at 7am, but it's not bad. Then again, the Backyard Brawl is right around the corner.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,942
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:26 pm

tonysoprano wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Number Nine wrote:Your life may be kind of sad if you need to start drinking at 1 in the afternoon to enjoy a Penguins game.


Your life is definitely sad if you don't think the commencement of drinking at 1 in the afternoon is worthwhile.

Not quite as good at drinking at 7am, but it's not bad. Then again, the Backyard Brawl is right around the corner.


Haha, there's definitely time for both this week.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby sj? on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:08 pm

cerp66 wrote:Leaving work in a few mins to start my four day weekend.
I've got some Dale's Pale Ale waiting for me at home, and I'll be enjoying some Stone Ruination Ale on Thanksgiving Day. And unless you're a lover of fine beer, you have no clue what I'm talking about.


:shock: I thought in the Burgh a "fine" beer was an I.C.Light ??
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,668
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: undisclosed

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Justin Catanzarite on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:14 pm

I love the people that feel a need to make snarky comments on when LGP posters start drinking. Not everyones life is an episode of 'Intervention', just keep your useless D.A.R.E. and M.A.D.D. comments for high school auditoriums. If someone wants to fire back a few brews before 'it's dark', that's their call and mind your own business. If their life begins to crumble, either their family will step in and 'intervene' or they will learn the lesson themselves. Just shut it with the lectures.

Oh, cracked my first beer at 6:00
Justin Catanzarite
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,625
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: Industry

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby tonysoprano on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:26 pm

A fine beer would include any of the Christmas microbrews that are out right now. Tremendous stuff.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,942
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Justin Catanzarite wrote:I love the people that feel a need to make snarky comments on when LGP posters start drinking. Not everyones life is an episode of 'Intervention', just keep your useless D.A.R.E. and M.A.D.D. comments for high school auditoriums. If someone wants to fire back a few brews before 'it's dark', that's their call and mind your own business. If their life begins to crumble, either their family will step in and 'intervene' or they will learn the lesson themselves. Just shut it with the lectures.

Oh, cracked my first beer at 6:00


Still haven't drank tonight yet, but i'm 100% behind drinking at any time of day.

She brought us drinks...to drink, we drunk em, got drunk
and i hope she thinks i'm cooooooool
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Justin Catanzarite wrote:I love the people that feel a need to make snarky comments on when LGP posters start drinking. Not everyones life is an episode of 'Intervention', just keep your useless D.A.R.E. and M.A.D.D. comments for high school auditoriums. If someone wants to fire back a few brews before 'it's dark', that's their call and mind your own business. If their life begins to crumble, either their family will step in and 'intervene' or they will learn the lesson themselves. Just shut it with the lectures.

Oh, cracked my first beer at 6:00


Still haven't drank tonight yet, but i'm 100% behind drinking at any time of day.

She brought us drinks...to drink, we drunk em, got drunk
and i hope she thinks i'm cooooooool


Image huh,huh,cool!!!!
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,362
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby npv708 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Yings and labatts starting in about 15 minutes...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,634
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Heineken is starting soon. and/or Molson. and/or vodka.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Heineken is starting soon. and/or Molson. and/or vodka.


I'd go with your 3rd choice.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,362
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:47 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Heineken is starting soon. and/or Molson. and/or vodka.


I'd go with your 3rd choice.


I'm picky with Vodka, I prefer Absolut, and have none right now.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Heineken is starting soon. and/or Molson. and/or vodka.


I'd go with your 3rd choice.


I'm picky with Vodka, I prefer Absolut, and have none right now.


I have some kind in a Dasani bottle that a friend gave me... and I'm out of beer
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby bhaw on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:51 pm

I just finished beer 1. Pyramid's seasonal amber: Broken Rake. Do you guys even have Pyramid out there? It's pretty commercialized by now, but I don't know. Regardless, this is a great seasonal brew.

Idoit40... Have you ever tried Segram's vodka? Again, not sure if it's available back east, but it's a really good cheaper vodka. Runs about the same as Smirnoff, but it's a lot better (when mixed, never tried shots of it).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,991
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:52 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:I have some kind in a Dasani bottle that a friend gave me... and I'm out of beer


Its Svedka, i think thats just how you buy it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby bhaw on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:I have some kind in a Dasani bottle that a friend gave me... and I'm out of beer



Haha... oh back to the freshman in college days... unmarked bottles of liquor. If it mixes, you're set.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,991
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:54 pm

bhaw wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:I have some kind in a Dasani bottle that a friend gave me... and I'm out of beer



Haha... oh back to the freshman in college days... unmarked bottles of liquor. If it mixes, you're set.


freshman in college days? I have a bottle of liquor thats been sitting next to my desk for about a month. I haven't been desperate enough for alcohol to drink it yet.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 pm

bhaw wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:I have some kind in a Dasani bottle that a friend gave me... and I'm out of beer



Haha... oh back to the freshman in college days... unmarked bottles of liquor. If it mixes, you're set.


haha, junior now.

I got it in return for letting some girls use my Captain's. Mixes ok with OJ.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Pete's Strawberry Blonde today gents. Like drinking sunshine.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,843
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Old Time Hockey on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Im done with 13 after that pathetic display of a period. It can only get better from here.
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,749
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Who started drinking for the game tonight?

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Old Time Hockey wrote:Im done with 13 after that pathetic display of a period. It can only get better from here.


No way I could consume that much liquid even during 2 periods of play.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,016
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

e-mail