Stewie Griffin Postgame - Pens at Isles

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame - Pens at Isles

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Credit to Kicksave for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Isles, a 5-3 win

Something good: Not Quitting. Seems like I might have cited this earlier in the year. Down 3-0 and playing worse than that indicated (if that's possible), it would have been easy to call it a night and think "it' just one of those games where things don't go our way." They kept after it and got a late goal from an unlikely source. That woke the sleeping giant and they dominated the third period.

Where they need improvement: Consistency. The Pens are to be commended for their ability to comeback in games. However, as the level of competition increases, those comebacks become harder and harder to pull off. The work ethic, hustle, and desperation that allows those comebacks to be possible must be brought from the opening face-off.

Something good: Sid and Geno. I've long been thrilled that we as Pens fans get to watch these two on a nightly basis. The third period of this game was a prime example of why.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame - Pens at Isles

Postby Eismann on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:56 pm

Good: Sid and Geno. Special.

Bad: Incomplete on this, but I'll say that Curry, even though getting the win, didn't look good. Yup, stopped 'em all, but was lucky and lucky it was NYI. Slow on the positioning. Don't expect much else with the kid being in that situation, though. Gill also was the Manchurian Defenseman.

Good: MT. Pulling Sabu was the right call, even if Sabu wasn't the problem.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:58 pm

I can't help but read these in Stewie's voice.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:20 am

Something Good: What else can be said, the team doesn't quick. Down 3-0 in the second, and I didn't feel very concerned. When your superstars are on that level, you'll be unstoppable.

Where They Need Improvement: Like Netwolf said.... they need to be able to come out guns-a-blazing, not just wait until more than half of the game is played. Hopefully Boucher finds his niche soon.

Something Good: I just love the play of the 3rd line. I feel like Kennedy is close to just breaking out. Maybe not until next year, but I think a spot on Sid's wing will be waiting for him once he does.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:06 am

If only we had a stronger second line, we could leave Crosby on Malkin's line and abuse every goaltender.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins