Crosby on pace for 46 goals

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby on pace for 46 goals

Postby mumbobob on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

I don't get what's so special about Crosby. I mean, he's a good skater, makes a good pass, and dominates games. I guess they'll take anyone who scores 100 points, is the youngest captain in the league, and leads his team to the SCF and try to make them a star ...
mumbobob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eberhard on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Given the focus he has put on shooting from the start of the season, it was inevitable that the goals would come. 45+ goals from Crosby this season wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I expect he'll be a consistent 50-goal scorer in his prime. With time he'll develop more confidence, power, vision, and poise as a shooter.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby heshootsandscores on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:48 pm

On a serious note. i wonder what was bothering him in the early season. He was not "the old" Sid...it is such a relief seeing him enjoying the game again...
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mjg on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:12 pm

heshootsandscores wrote:On a serious note. i wonder what was bothering him in the early season. He was not "the old" Sid...it is such a relief seeing him enjoying the game again...

Hasn't he always started slow? The team has the last two years anyway, so maybe I'm wrong. I always figured around December he'd start on his annual climb up the point leader list and barring injury, win another Ross Trophy.
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

mjg wrote:
Jimmy Straka wrote:I never gave any credence to anyone complaining about how everyone on this board thinks they are a sarcastic comedian... but this thread might have just changed my mind. The worst part is everyone made the same joke.

I'm starting to agree. The lengthy posts of almost all sarcasm are getting almost as old as the posts that create the sarcastic responses in the first place.

Totally. I agree, it's lame the Pens lost out on the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes and had to settle for Crosby. Maybe once they trade Fleury and Stall for Gaborik, Whitney for Sturm, and Malkin for John Madden and a 6th, the Pens will be able to compete. I'm a pens fan until they lose 3 in a row. Then I'll just crap all over the team and the personnel. What?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins