The postgame reactionary whining thread.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The postgame reactionary whining thread.

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Let me make sure I understand how things work:

If the Pens lose, the board gets flooded with irrational, reactionary posts like "Fire MT," "Mike Yeo has no idea how to run a power play," "Crosby can't score because he uses a straight blade," and multiple variations of "[insert player name here] sucks, trade him for a bag of pucks ASAP."

If the Pens win, the board is flooded with sarcastic posts mocking all of the above. Either way, the board gets full of garbage because apparently, actually talking about hockey is of secondary interest at best to the majority of people here. It seems most people are either here to grind axes or show up posters they don't like.

I really hate the internet some times. :?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Corvidae on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 pm

netwolf wrote:Let me make sure I understand how things work:

If the Pens lose, the board gets flooded with irrational, reactionary posts like "Fire MT," "Mike Yeo has no idea how to run a power play," "Crosby can't score because he uses a straight blade," and multiple variations of "[insert player name here] sucks, trade him for a bag of pucks ASAP."

If the Pens win, the board is flooded with sarcastic posts mocking all of the above. Either way, the board gets full of garbage because apparently, actually talking about hockey is of secondary interest at best to the majority of people here. It seems most people are either here to grind axes or show up posters they don't like.

It's the latter that really bugs me, but if I make a thread complaining about it, I'm only part of the problem.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kicksave on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Three Stars on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Corvidae wrote:It's the latter that really bugs me, but if I make a thread complaining about it, I'm only part of the problem.

Actually, you are now duty bound to create the "postgame reactionary whining about reactionary whining thread".
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mjg on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:31 pm

^^^^^
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jaysmiter on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Pesonen didn't get the chance he deserves. Wah.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Postby Kicksave on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Pesonen is getting entirely too much ice time without showing anything. Wah.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:58 pm

penny lane wrote:Image

magic meets poetry
on ice!

JOY

71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 pm

You're definitely right about the way things work. As someone who's very guilty of the latter, I'll be childish and say: they started it! There's been a lot of dumb, knee-jerk whining around here the last couple years. Now that there's barely anything to complain about, I think we deserve to send a little the other way for putting up with that so much. Maybe if people see how dumb some of those arguments ended up looking, they'll have a little more foresight and perspective next time. I don't remember who even made the "Crosby on pace for 19 goals thread," but whoever made that deserved to have it blow up on them.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CKA24 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Kicksave wrote:Jordan Staal is overrated and the worst penguin, ever. Including Jiri Slegr.

Over Hans Jonsson, Dan LaCoture, Joe Beranik, Roman Simichek, Rene Corbet, Michael Sivek, Billy Tibbetts, Ross Lupashuk, John Slaney, Mike Eastwood...? (c'mon people... add to the list!)
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 pm

CKA24 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Jordan Staal is overrated and the worst penguin, ever. Including Jiri Slegr.

Over Hans Jonsson, Dan LaCoture, Joe Beranik, Roman Simichek, Rene Corbet, Michael Sivek, Billy Tibbetts, Ross Lupashuk, John Slaney, Mike Eastwood...? (c'mon people... add to the list!)

Oh. I always liked Dan LaCouture.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Three Stars on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I've got you beat.

Dan "Dragon" Kesa.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

wallflower wrote:
CKA24 wrote:

Oh. I always liked Dan LaCouture.

and Billy Tibbetts.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:and Billy Tibbetts.

I liked Koltsov, and I'm not afraid to admit it.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:15 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:

Koltsov was awesome, I openly admit that too.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Jiri Slegr wasn't even that bad, to be honest. I just wanted to get the females all riled up over Liquid Sexy Eyes.

Three Stars' Board Insider's Guide wrote:Liquid Sexy Eyes - Nickname for former Penguin defenseman Jiri Slegr, who still has a devoted female following on the board,
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wallflower on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:

Koltsov was awesome, I openly admit that too.

I liked him too.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Plus he was money in the bank in video games, since speed was the only stat that mattered in the 2k games for a few years.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kaizer on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:29 pm

what part of the first one doesnt involve talking about hockey? If you can find something that hasnt been said about a player before after a loss, go right ahead. as for the "win" posts, theyre fun for the people who read and post in them. just because you personally find it to be garbage doesnt mean it is.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mjg on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Kaizer wrote:

what part of the first one doesnt involve talking about hockey? If you can find something that hasnt been said about a player before after a loss, go right ahead. as for the "win" posts, theyre fun for the people who read and post in them. just because you personally find it to be garbage doesnt mean it is.

Perhaps, but he is entitled to his opinion on it.
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:49 pm

mjg wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

Perhaps, but he is entitled to his opinion on it.

thats right he does, but calling other peoples opinion's garbage isnt the best way to circumvent unity in that point.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mjg on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Kaizer wrote:
mjg wrote:Perhaps, but he is entitled to his opinion on it.

thats right he does, but calling other peoples opinion's garbage isnt the best way to circumvent unity in that point.

I think he just went a little overboard expressing himself. In a lot of ways I very much agree with him. But you are right, calling the opinions of others "garbage" is not the best way to start this conversation.
mjg
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dagny on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Kicksave wrote:Jiri Slegr wasn't even that bad, to be honest. I just wanted to get the females all riled up over Liquid Sexy Eyes.

Three Stars' Board Insider's Guide wrote:Liquid Sexy Eyes - Nickname for former Penguin defenseman Jiri Slegr, who still has a devoted female following on the board,

:D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins