A win is a win...?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A win is a win...?

Postby Easton on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:I'm not all that impressed with Yeo but to call for Therrien's firing when we were 9-2-1 this month with injuries is absolutely ridiculous. (Who would replace him, anyway? Melrose? :lol: )

Get real! We fire Therrien and replace him with Bob Errey, having Edzo and Steigerwald as his assistants. Edzo will focus on the defense, while Steigerwald will construct a deadly powerplay.

The cup is coming back to the 'burgh.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby purelebo84 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 am

Concern.

Even though it has worked against some good teams like the Wings and Flyers, this is going to come back and bite us in the ass if we don't start playing more games like the one we played last night.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Yeah a win is a win when its in regulation. As far as quality of wins goes, if we're ignoring when it occurs, then yes a win is a win. Unless its exhibition, then I want to see a quality win with quality goals while watching with quality friends.

better find some
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:16 am

JoseCuervo wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Yeah a win is a win when its in regulation. As far as quality of wins goes, if we're ignoring when it occurs, then yes a win is a win. Unless its exhibition, then I want to see a quality win with quality goals while watching with quality friends.

better find some

hey-ohhhhhhh
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 am

JoseCuervo wrote:

better find some

It wouldn't sting so bad if it weren't true.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:06 am

Getting friends is easy. Quality friends are harder to find.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:06 am

JoseCuervo wrote:Getting friends is easy. Quality friends are harder to find.

I have a friend thats a Steelers fan with whom I'll be able to watch the Dallas-Pittsburgh game peacefully. I'd say thats pretty quality.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 am

I understand some of the criticizm, and there are areas the Pens need to improve in, but overall, what team is perfect? There are none. You can look at every team and point out flaws.

The Pens are winning. To suggest that MT should be fired is a complete joke. Whoever wrote that on the other board is a joke. This team has finished with over 100 pts the last two seasons and are on pace to do it again. We have a division title, a conference title, and are winning this year with our two top offensive Dmen and starting goalie out of the lineup. We won last year despite our starting goalie and captain being out of the lineup for an extended period of time. So you can't say the players talents cover up coaching mistakes, because the coaching is still winning w/o the talent for long periods of time.

He has the team all on the same page. He has the top two scoring leaders in the league, even though they are playing within the system, so no one is being held back.

The PP needs to improve. That is my only gripe.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins