Official 12/6/08 GDT Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 12/6/08 GDT Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:25 pm

Yea typically how it works. Pens lose and the teams we don't need to win do win. Penguin's junior aka the Caps winning even makes me more mad because they have some key injuries and yet they are still winning.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jmh470 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:53 pm

If I'm able to level a criticism at MT without being labeled as an ignorant fool by the myopic, I'll say that stacking the top line away to any team that has a good shutdown D pair is a poor idea. Today the Sens had last change and Volchenkov-Phillips is easily good enough to stymie Malkin-Crosby-whoever. The Sens' aren't deep on D anymore and MT needed to exploit guys like Smith rather than play right into Hartsburg's hands.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:03 am

jmh470 wrote:If I'm able to level a criticism at MT without being labeled as an ignorant fool by the myopic, I'll say that stacking the top line away to any team that has a good shutdown D pair is a poor idea. Today the Sens had last change and Volchenkov-Phillips is easily good enough to stymie Malkin-Crosby-whoever. The Sens' aren't deep on D anymore and MT needed to exploit guys like Smith rather than play right into Hartsburg's hands.

Yeah, this time it definitely didn't work. Pens came out with them together and couldn't get anything going. It seemed like they played a much more consistent game once Sid and Geno were seperated.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:05 am

cs6687 wrote:Devils and Flyers both win, as do the Capitals.

I could care less about the Capitals winning. As far as I'm concerned, they won the SE before the season even started. Ovechkin got no points, and that's all I care about, as he's the biggest threat to either Sid or Geno to win the Art Ross. Capitals may finish with more points than the Pens just because of the horrible teams they consistently play against.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 am

jmh470 wrote:If I'm able to level a criticism at MT without being labeled as an ignorant fool by the myopic, I'll say that stacking the top line away to any team that has a good shutdown D pair is a poor idea. Today the Sens had last change and Volchenkov-Phillips is easily good enough to stymie Malkin-Crosby-whoever. The Sens' aren't deep on D anymore and MT needed to exploit guys like Smith rather than play right into Hartsburg's hands.

I think the MT critiques people get irritated with are the reactionary "Fire Therrien, he's running this team into the ground" ones. You weren't calling for his head and you actually explained your objection in a well-reasoned manner. I think you should be fine. ;)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Pens have now gone win/loss the last 10 games...Hopefully they will get back on track soon...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins