Radim Vrbata

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Radim Vrbata

Postby cojac on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Talbot-Crosby-Satan
Malkin-Gratton-Sykora(Gratton could play as the center in the D-zone, and take faceoffs)
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Fedotenko-Zigomanis-Godard
cojac
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm usually interested in a lot of available players...But Gratton does nothing for me...He's been done for over 3 years now...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 pm

cojac wrote:Talbot-Crosby-Satan
Malkin-Gratton-Sykora(Gratton could play as the center in the D-zone, and take faceoffs)
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Fedotenko-Zigomanis-Godard

......what?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pens15 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Dude scored 27 goals last year. It's not his fault that he plays for a joke of a team. If we had the cap room I would bring him in, but we don't. But if we could get him for half price for the remainder of his contract, I would do it.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:19 pm

At least he cares. On that note, no thanks! When someone goes from one horrible team to another, in this case the highest bidder, you know it's not entirely about winning.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Pens15 wrote:Dude scored 27 goals last year. It's not his fault that he plays for a joke of a team. If we had the cap room I would bring him in, but we don't. But if we could get him for half price for the remainder of his contract, I would do it.

Dude, the dude scored 27 goals with a joke of a team in phoenix. Before the reason I thought this signing by the lightning was a steal to counter the overpaying for Malone. That is not the case at all. Some players that are scoring 27-30 goals are getting 5 Million dollar contracts. You just really can't trust europeans to be realiable. I mean honestly how many times have we seen it now? Even if their play declines you would still expect them to be loyal and want to stay in the nhl.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Vrbata asked the team for permission to go back to the Czech Republic.

If a guy has it in his head that he doesn't want to be in the NHL right now, why would any team be interested in picking him up, even without factoring in his play so far this year and the contract he's on?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The U on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Vrbata makes too much $$$ for my liking but he's a guy that's capable of being a scoring winger for this team. Everybody passed on Sergei Samsonov last season and he's put up some nice numbers. CBJ tried to give Zherdev away for quite some time and he's scoring too. Just like "regular people" and "regular jobs" sometimes a change of scenery or a new environment can get you going again. I'm not advocating signing the guy but don't be so quick to dismiss guys just because they've been down in the dumps on a bad team/bad organization. He's not worth 3 million but I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to come aboard and put up points on this team.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:06 pm

I can't believe so many people here would like to have a guy on the team that either, A) has such terrible confidence issues that he feels the need to leave the league at the moment because he's playing so poorly, and maybe even more importantly, b) has such a terrible attitude that he doesn't want to play for a bad team and would rather not be in the league at the moment.

Again,
"Radim is a great guy and he came into our office on Sunday morning and just told us his confidence is low and he would like to head home to the Czech Republic to finish the season" That's just ridiculous.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pcm on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Anyone else think the lightning are suppreptiously trying to clear cap space for something?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 pm

pcm wrote:Anyone else think the lightning are suppreptiously trying to clear cap space for something?

No.

Mainly because nobody would want to sign there.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins