Pens vs Sabres Grades

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens vs Sabres Grades

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:31 am

If you are related to Miro Satan, please read no further.

http://www.faceoff-factor.com/grading-t ... res-grades
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Pens vs Sabres Grades

Postby KG on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 am

Pens are going to cost themselves a lower seed by losing all these games that they gave away....wake up!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 am

special attention should be paid to the decision to put goddard on the 3rd line. i've never thought the "genius" nickname was apt this year until last night.

i don't care who is in your dog house. you never put goddard on that line. never. if you're going to completely ruin the bottom 6 of your lineup, just go ahead and put staal on line 1 or 2. in fact, put staal AND cooke with sid and put dupuis closer where he belongs (buying a thing of nachos).
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:50 am

shmenguin wrote:special attention should be paid to the decision to put goddard on the 3rd line. i've never thought the "genius" nickname was apt this year until last night.

i don't care who is in your dog house. you never put goddard on that line. never. if you're going to completely ruin the bottom 6 of your lineup, just go ahead and put staal on line 1 or 2. in fact, put staal AND cooke with sid and put dupuis closer where he belongs (buying a thing of nachos).

Agreed...Godard should not be on anything but the 4th line ever....Staal/Cooke/Minard what the 3rd line that should have started the game...unfortunately we have to keep Dupuis with Sid so...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 am

Orpik's been back in retreat-first mode when a puck carrier approaches the blue. Thought he had cured that.

Lovejoy: A. Nice debut. Good skates, good shot, didn't notice any wildly rookie positioning/passing errors.

5v3: Blutarski. Zero. Point. Zero. Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through a powerplay, son.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 am

Orpik and Letang have been on the ice for 6 of the last 7 goals. Orpik has been asbolutely awful the past two games, I can't believe he was even on the ice in the third period. I understand there are injuries, but others were playing better.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:54 am

I think the pens got the benefit of the calls last night. At the game I saw Gino cross-checking some sabre who was down on the ice. Surely thought this would be called on him...no, penalty against Buffalo.

Hopefully when next forced to endure a 5 on 3 :wink: They get it done.
In the 1st they could have had 4-5 goals; no longer can they think we'll get it back later.

Evgeni, full marks for supporting Lovejoy, but he was stuck in the penalty box longer than 2 mins because of the action. Pens should have just iced the puck to free him.

2 losses in a row soon will get even the attention of the sports writers covering football only here. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 am

penny lane wrote:I think the pens got the benefit of the calls last night.

agreed. the refs were innocent bystanders.

if we're going to lose, i'd rather lose all by ourselves. which we did.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Maagwa on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 am

FIRE MT
Maagwa

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins