Pens at Chicago - Friday, February 27th, 2009

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens at Chicago - Friday, February 27th, 2009

Postby Richard Zemlak on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:56 am

Just and FYI...I just picked up 3 tickets for my friends and I off StubHub for a really decent price. There are still some great deals on there in case anyone's interested in taking a road trip to Chicago.
Richard Zemlak
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Pens at Chicago - Friday, February 27th, 2009

Postby crayz on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 am

Already have my tickets. Been 3 year since the Pens have been here....back in Crosby's rookie year.

BTW - If you are looking for a hotel to stay at...last time the Pens were here they stayed at the Omni (little drive from the united center).
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bowks14 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:16 pm

I am thinking of booking this trip. Can anyone give me a good idea of which airport to fly into (midway or o'hare) and which hotel is pretty close to both the airport and the united center?
bowks14

Postby D-Block Pens Fan on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:19 pm

bowks14 wrote:I am thinking of booking this trip. Can anyone give me a good idea of which airport to fly into (midway or o'hare) and which hotel is pretty close to both the airport and the united center?

Either one works if you can navigate the L. The train runs out to both airports and all over the city. Midway usually is cheaper since it is a Southwest hub.
D-Block Pens Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby K2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:39 am

Don't tempt me...my brain says yes but my bank account says no ;)
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tek Jansen on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:07 am

I want to see Crosby pull off a shift like that **** crazy one in OT. That was vintage Crosby, can we have him back now?
Tek Jansen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby crayz on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:35 am

D-Block Pens Fan wrote:
bowks14 wrote:I am thinking of booking this trip. Can anyone give me a good idea of which airport to fly into (midway or o'hare) and which hotel is pretty close to both the airport and the united center?

Either one works if you can navigate the L. The train runs out to both airports and all over the city. Midway usually is cheaper since it is a Southwest hub.

It all depends on the time. If you fly to O'Hare, fly real early or real late. Anything else and you'll be welcomed to Chicago with bumper to bumper traffic up to your hotel/UC.

As for Hotel...I'd recommend staying either closer to the airport in Rosemont area (bunch of hotels there - embassy is nice) or staying downtown at like the Omni, Westin, Sheraton, etc...The United Center really isn't in uh...let's say...a prime location for tourists? It's gotten MUCH better, but still.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:15 am

I speak from experience. Avoid O'Hare at all costs. If you have the option of going to Midway, do it. The last two times I've tried to go through O'Hare (basically because I had no other options), my flight was canceled and I ended up flying through DFW. My sister just got stranded there for six hours the other day. All it takes is any kind of weather to totally mess that airport up. Fog, low clouds, you name it. If you want to make sure you will see the game, go Midway.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ams on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:28 am

I highly recommend Midway. Get tickets on Southwest and fly through Midway, and it's an easy, (relatively) cheap trip.
ams
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PenguinsChronicles.com on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:55 am

I already have my tickets for this one. Section 107, Row 2. One row from the glass on the end the Penguins attack twice.

Lets Go Pens!
PenguinsChronicles.com
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins