Letang injured

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Letang injured

Postby columbia on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:08 pm

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,390
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Letang injured

Postby MelicharSux on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:12 pm

:(
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,532
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Columbus.

Re: Letang injured

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Hope that he'll be back soon since he is only listed as day-to-day.

I hate this new policy where injuries don't have to be disclosed.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,385
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Letang injured

Postby Noise on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 pm

This song represents how I feel about the Penguins injuries. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdsbHYP0sXo

well the chorus mainly

"where will it end?"
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,439
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 am

Re: Letang injured

Postby offsides on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Noise wrote:"where will it end?"


It's Hockey...........injuries never end, just part of the sport.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,485
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Letang injured

Postby newarenanow on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Get one back, another gets hurt.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,445
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Letang injured

Postby CathUZ on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:10 pm

He was back on the ice after it happened. I think they are just being cautios and giving him a few days to rest it.
CathUZ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:50 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Letang injured

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:11 pm

CathUZ wrote:He was back on the ice after it happened. I think they are just being cautios and giving him a few days to rest it.


He was only back for one shift after it happened.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Letang injured

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:16 pm

i see letang getting crushed and punished every game, high sticked, cheap shotted, etc.. i would think he would be hurt more often. Just dont see it happen to "as much" as say 44, 4, 7, etc...
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: 6burgh

Re: Letang injured

Postby WhoDaresWins on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
CathUZ wrote:He was back on the ice after it happened. I think they are just being cautios and giving him a few days to rest it.


He was only back for one shift after it happened.

He was back for more than one shift. He came back during the 3rd, was on the PK and took more shifts. They were short, but he was out and played more than one shift after it happened.
WhoDaresWins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Letang injured

Postby letsgopens87 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 pm

PenguinSteve-o wrote:i see letang getting crushed and punished every game, high sticked, cheap shotted, etc.. i would think he would be hurt more often. Just dont see it happen to "as much" as say 44, 4, 7, etc...


Yeah, I was just talking about this with my sister. He takes more than his fair share of abuse. It seems every time there's a missed called or big hit on a dman, it's Letang. He's a tough kid, though.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,368
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:06 am

Re: Letang injured

Postby Noise on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:31 pm

offsides wrote:
Noise wrote:"where will it end?"


It's Hockey...........injuries never end, just part of the sport.



well no, they never do

but I'm talking about the glut and frequency of injuries
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,439
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 am

Re: Letang injured

Postby Pens4Life on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Yeah,injuries do happen,but this year's sh.. is unbeliavable,just on and on.. we are pretty much all the time without a 4-5 players,which is a lot,with no big depth in AHL..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,508
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Letang injured

Postby offsides on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Taking a quick look at the injuries in the league, we seem to be about average. The Caps is the team that looks like they are being hammered by injuries.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/injuries
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,485
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Letang injured

Postby CKA24 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:33 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Hope that he'll be back soon since he is only listed as day-to-day.

I hate this new policy where injuries don't have to be disclosed.


Not to be back soon. Letang is my Uncle's neighbor, and it's not good. They don't know whether it's a bone bruise or a break in his foot... but he's not expected to be back soon...

Great...
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,703
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am
Location: Harrison City, Pa

Re: Letang injured

Postby Zach6668 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:35 am

CKA24 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Hope that he'll be back soon since he is only listed as day-to-day.

I hate this new policy where injuries don't have to be disclosed.


Not to be back soon. Letang is my Uncle's neighbor, and it's not good. They don't know whether it's a bone bruise or a break in his foot... but he's not expected to be back soon...

Great...

Not that I don't partially believe you, but I see lots of posts with so and so's semi-distant relative is my neighbor...

Why would Letang's uncle, presumably a French-Canadian live in Murraysville, PA?

Just seems off to me, of all places, lol.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,459
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, formerly Thunder Bay, ON

Re: Letang injured

Postby bh on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:54 am

Zach6668 wrote:
CKA24 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Hope that he'll be back soon since he is only listed as day-to-day.

I hate this new policy where injuries don't have to be disclosed.


Not to be back soon. Letang is my Uncle's neighbor, and it's not good. They don't know whether it's a bone bruise or a break in his foot... but he's not expected to be back soon...

Great...

Not that I don't partially believe you, but I see lots of posts with so and so's semi-distant relative is my neighbor...

Why would Letang's uncle, presumably a French-Canadian live in Murraysville, PA?

Just seems off to me, of all places, lol.
Comprehend much? lol.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,505
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:48 am

Re: Letang injured

Postby Zach6668 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:54 am

tombarrassorules wrote:
Zach6668 wrote:
CKA24 wrote:
Not to be back soon. Letang is my Uncle's neighbor, and it's not good. They don't know whether it's a bone bruise or a break in his foot... but he's not expected to be back soon...

Great...

Not that I don't partially believe you, but I see lots of posts with so and so's semi-distant relative is my neighbor...

Why would Letang's uncle, presumably a French-Canadian live in Murraysville, PA?

Just seems off to me, of all places, lol.


no letang lives next to his uncle. makes sense.


Oh, I'm dumb. Too much egg nog.

Moving on. :D
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,459
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, formerly Thunder Bay, ON

Re: Letang injured

Postby Senka on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 am

I'm on board with the unknown uncle's word. that sucks. go whitney.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,986
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:16 pm
Location: RVA

Re: Letang injured

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:46 am

tombarrassorules wrote:with all the injuries, im ready to call the season a wash and just hope malkin gets the scoring title.


You're joking, right? :lol: season's not even halfway over yet.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,537
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chirpin' Grinder, DelPen, GSdrums87, Hugo Stiglitz, orpchar, pcm, Pitts and 32 guests


e-mail