Official post game quote prediction thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official post game quote prediction thread

Postby holeinone on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Was Crosby dressed tonight? A disgrace to lose to toronto an tampa bay back to back on your home ice. No excuses. An absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 pm

"we missed some good chances...just gotta move our feet more and put the puck to the net"
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Why So Serious? on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:13 pm

It's time for Therrien to have his popular "speech." And call out some players, especially the "leader" and "captain" of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The U on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:18 pm

i wonder if there is a vocal leader in the lockerroom to get in people's faces and demand 100% effort. Sid is quiet, Malkin cant speak, some of the more outgoing guys are new, some of the older guys are injured. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a leadership issue.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

*he said the players complain about eachother on the bench
*he said the travel, jam packed schedule and injuries are lame excuses
*he said they better wake up quick
*he said there are so many things he doesn't like about this team that he doesnt have enough time to sit down and explain it out; he said it would take an hour. lol
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NJ5934 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:It's time for Therrien to have his popular "speech." And call out some players, especially the "leader" and "captain" of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I don't know if that is the answer at this point. Therrien ran the team through the mud a week ago in practice and they haven't put forth a solid effort since. You have to wonder if the team is responding to Therrien at this point. They are a complete mess on the ice. This team is standing around waiting for Malkin to win the game by himself.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Why So Serious? on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

The U wrote:i wonder if there is a vocal leader in the lockerroom to get in people's faces and demand 100% effort. Sid is quiet, Malkin cant speak, some of the more outgoing guys are new, some of the older guys are injured. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a leadership issue.

I agree. I can see Matt Cooke being a guy that is pretty talkative in the room. But really...how much can anyone say after an embarrassing performance like that?
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The U on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 pm

yeah, Cooke would be an option but he's newer. Logical choice like Gonchar is away from the team right now.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Why So Serious? on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 pm

NJ5934 wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:It's time for Therrien to have his popular "speech." And call out some players, especially the "leader" and "captain" of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I don't know if that is the answer at this point. Therrien ran the team through the mud a week ago in practice and they haven't put forth a solid effort since. You have to wonder if the team is responding to Therrien at this point. They are a complete mess on the ice. This team is standing around waiting for Malkin to win the game by himself.

Very true...and you know it's getting real bad when your leader is following suit with everyone else.

BTW, Malkin had 5 of our 15 shots tonight. And he was actually half-visible tonight, believe it or not.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:37 pm

I know Sid has been answering interviews the same exact way since he was a kid, but honestly I'm getting sick of it. Every single loss its the same thing. "Well obviously we have to be better. We missed some chances. Our work ethic needs to improve" It seems like these past 5-10 games, I've seen more of Crosby in the postgame then in the actual game. It's inexcusable for the so called "best player in the world" to be nearly invisible for that many games in a row.

I'm sure he's just as disappointed about losing as everyone else, but right now it isn't showing. Malkin has been working very hard, and seems to be the only Penguin alive right now. His only downfall has been turnovers and trying to do too much himself. But with the way the rest of his team is playing, what else is he to do?

--They'll get better btw. I'm not jumping ship, just ranting.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Senka on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:40 pm

i hope everyone in PGH jumps ship, so i can sit in the arena again for $20 a seat. It was terrible to watch tonight. What a birthday game i got to see this year!
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Noise on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 pm

The U wrote:*he said the players complain about eachother on the bench
*he said there are so many things he doesn't like about this team that he doesnt have enough time to sit down and explain it out; he said it would take an hour. lol

Who, MT?
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby letsgopens87 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:50 pm

The U wrote:*he said the players complain about eachother on the bench

I would love to know what they are complaining about, since they were all equally guilty for the monstrosity that occurred tonight, minus one or two players.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:00 am

Karl_Racki wrote:Well, I honestly think Sid could be complaining..

Sid has shown no heart on the ice and no heart off the ice. I'm just lost for words. It's like a whole different Crosby.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Das boot on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:00 am

I would like to know more about this complaining they lack something there not as quick to stand up for one another and that spark just isnt there right now.
Das boot
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The U on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 am

Why So Serious? wrote:

Sid has shown no heart on the ice and no heart off the ice. I'm just lost for words. It's like a whole different Crosby.

he's playing with a 3rd liner and a sofffft perimeter player who won't work for loose pucks or break a sweat. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt like he was DYING ALIVE right about now.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby holeinone on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:46 am

15 shots at home against a team who is averaging 34 against per game is inexcusable. They don't carry the play and if it wasn't for malkin and gogo last night they lose that game. 15 shots against that bunch of losers on defense for TB on your home ice Just plain ugly. If this keeps up and I see not foreseeable fix they will be lucky to make the playoffs. Too bad because Malkin keeps really trying and it seems he is the only one who shows any emotion out there. And am I getting tired of Jay Caufield and his bs about all this talent. If it is all this talent it better start showing soon. This kind of effort gets the old call of Melt the ice and let them drown
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:53 am

The U wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

he's playing with a 3rd liner and a sofffft perimeter player who won't work for loose pucks or break a sweat. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt like he was DYING ALIVE right about now.

That is very true. But as I said earlier in another thread, just looking at Sid's demeanor and body language on the ice, he just appears to be so disinterested playing alongside whoever his wingers are at the time. But when Malkin is put on his line, Sid suddenly becomes half-alive.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby holeinone on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:04 am

If anyone had complaints about wingers it would have been Mario but I can't ever remember him looking as disinterested as Crosby. If you are paid a lot of money to play it does not matter who is out there with you. Look at Ovechkin, he did not have a decent center and he took it upon himself to produce Now that he has help it makes it a little easier to produce but he just never quits and works and works and works We need that from Crosby and it is just not there
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins