Malone

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malone

Postby no name on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:53 am

Did you get the feeling Malone wished he was back in the burgh? But with 31.5 million in his bank i am sure he will get along without us.

I really think his presence is missed in the locker room and on the ice. We had that prototypical power forward most teams covet and now its gone. I know we couldn;t compete with the other teams for him, but it would of been nice if Hossa didn;t string us along for so long. That if we knew we were out of the Hossa sweepstakes we could of made some kind of offer to him. You never know if he would of signed with us. Granted i don;t think he is worth what he was hired for. But i remember the Sykora Malkin malone line being dominating in some games.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Malone

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 am

No.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beerman on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 am

I don't think he wishes he was in Pittsburgh as much as he wishes he was on a competitive team.

Best part of the night by far was Scuds putting him on the ice though.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby slipshod on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm

I've said it in other threads. I think they miss Malone more than any other player right now. He did all of the little things that often did not show up on the scoreboard but go a long way towards being a winning team.

How many times would he just make a subtle shift in position to alter a defensemans path to open up a lane or stand in front of the goalie or make a big hit or stick up for his teammates. He played in all situations, was a leader.

I didn't think he was worth what he was offered from Tampa but the more I think about it, I think he is.

I don't see anybody doing it those things on the Pens right now and they need it. Sometimes you have to look beyond Goals and Assists to see a players worth.
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby no name on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Staal can't fill Malones shoes on the powerplay. malone was that hugh body and had the strenght to stay infront of the net.

Although Staal has looked good 5 on 5 this year and that Goligoski goal was the first time i seen us score from the point with Staal setting the screen. He needs to do that more.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel87 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:29 pm

He has clearly moved on, but i think some part of him still wishes that he was a Penguin.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 pm

His dad still ties his skates.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jaysmiter on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:11 pm

I got the impression from the pregame interview that he was being a little bit whiny about how "the team made it clear that I wasn't in their future plans". Yeah, it's because you wanted too much damned money for being a middle of the road kind of player.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins