Max Talbot MIA

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Max Talbot MIA

Postby tksmr2 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:34 pm

I know Max has been in and out of the lineup with injuries. But, is it me, or has he lost his tenacity/willing to outwork everyone on the ice? He used to be the Penguins Tyler Kennedy. He used to be the Penguins 'sparkplug'. Now, he just goes through the motions. You never really hear about him on the ice, nor do you see him doing much of anything, except take the occasional penalty.
tksmr2
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Max Talbot MIA

Postby Bob McKenzie on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Max is working on becoming a car salesman at A&L BMW.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:43 pm

actually he was working harder than anyone in the offensive end. he worked the boards hard, help posession of the puck while being hit, and cycled the puck. Staal turned it over in the corner or behind the net everytime he passed the puck to him. They just dont generate any offense off the puck posession. At least talbot trys to go from the corner, to the net sometimes, or play it to the point. He looked liked Kennedy yesterday a little. He just needs sto create changes and score, just like every other player on the team.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 pm

I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually thought Max had a pretty good game yesterday. For a good bit of his shifts I started to see a glimpse of the Max Talbot we've become used to. I know it's not saying too much, but I thought he worked harder in the last game then most.

He is obviously playing through pain right now with his foot. He can barely move around out there. I think if you take away the 4 minute penalty, then most people wouldn't be saying much about him having a bad game. Even with the pain, he was still working harder then most of the Pens last night imo.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Daniel87 wrote:I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually thought Max had a pretty good game yesterday. For a good bit of his shifts I started to see a glimpse of the Max Talbot we've become used to. I know it's not saying too much, but I thought he worked harder in the last game then most.

He is obviously playing through pain right now with his foot. He can barely move around out there. I think if you take away the 4 minute penalty, then most people wouldn't be saying much about him having a bad game. Even with the pain, he was still working harder then most of the Pens last night imo.

Pretty much my thoughts.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pensfan20 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:23 pm

I think he is playing hurt, cause Max at 50% is better than a call up at 100% recently. Once Ziggy and TK are back then you might see him sit a game or two to help his foot heal a little better.
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby profpolisci on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Borque said on a very recent post-game in response to caller who asked what was wrong with Max's game?.. that in fact Max is hurt.
He then went on to say "I want to choose my words very carefully here" and paraphrasing Borkee ... ..'that at some point an injured player has to decide that toughing out an injury and hurting the team is a decision that Max will soon have to make'.
At least, that's how I interpreted it.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby tksmr2 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:19 pm

ok.. thanks.. so he is, or has been playing hurt. That explains it. I didn't really watch last nights game as I was wrapping gifts while trying to watch. So, I couldn't say much based on that game.. but I have been noticing the lack of quality play from him in his other games.
tksmr2
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby profpolisci on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:48 pm

My previous post might suggest that Phil said Max should essentially take a seat because of poor play and injury
...allow me to clarify as I don't want to misrepresent Phil in any way.

He surely agreed with the caller that Max hasn't been playing well, that he was surely indeed hurt, and, that it was surely up to Max to decide if his performance and his injury could coincide.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins