Staal new contract

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Staal new contract

Postby Pens4Life on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Staal new contract should be 3 mills per year max. and short -term 2years-3 max. Then we will see how big impact can he have in NHL and if we can afford him and also if we will need him at all.
Because of Pierre- Zabotel,Jeffrey and Veilleux down the road,we will easily cover C position in next 2-3 years soo.. Maybe we can really part ways with Jordan. Im against trading him,but with all that prospect down the line,maybe its just wont be a problem at all.
Soo is LW position to play with Sid - Caputi i think(i hope rather) will become new Kevin Stevens (not with that kind of numbers,but above-average ones).
And also on d-corps - we already have one of the best in league,and in next couple of years we will have Lovejoy,Grant,Sneep and Strait to battle for top six in NHL. I just hope that there wont be anymore of Noah Welch type of dissapointments..
Whitney, Letang, Goligoski,Grant as offensive defensmans and Orpik,Scuderi,Sneep,Lovejoy and Strait as defensive d-mans is a fantastic depth,but we will probably have to move another off.d-man ,because there price is the highest,soo All Four of mentioned above wont play together.

But if our team will look like this in 2010-2011 : with addition of any prospect or via trade that I didnt mentioned..
Caputi - Crosby - Kennedy
Cooke - Malkin - Sykora
Dupuis - Jeffrey - N.Johnson
Talbot - Zigomanis - Wallace
x - Bissonnette
Whitney - Orpik
Goligoski - Scuderi
LeTang - Sneep
x - Lovejoy or Strait
G1 - Fleury
G2 - Curry
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Staal new contract

Postby Nizzy on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Wow I thought this thread meant: "Staal just got a new contract" That would have been an awesome Christmas present.

I am a huge Staal man-crush-fan-boy. I want Staal signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

EDIT: I don't know too much about the prospects but from what I heard CPZ is the only one that might have a serious impact in the NHL. Caputi/Vellieux are struggling?
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby purelebo84 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:19 pm

Please, change the title of this thread. It made me think we had re-signed him.

And those lines are totally unrealistic.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:30 pm

If Zigomanis is here in 2010-11, i'll be shocked.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby manicmonday18 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:39 pm

If our lines look like that, or even 50% of that in '10-11 I would be supremely shocked.
manicmonday18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tek Jansen on Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:48 pm

manicmonday18 wrote:If our lines look like that, or even 50% of that in '10-11 I would be supremely shocked.

Agreed, we're likely to have a few free agents, not to mention we still don't have a winger of worth in that picture (Caputi possibly excepted)
Tek Jansen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:52 am

purelebo84 wrote:And those lines are totally unrealistic.

It is P4L....Most of his dreams are unrealistic.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 am

Kotalik - Crosby - Gaborik
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Sykora
Caputi - Kopitar - Staal
Canaan's Mom - pfim - Pens4Life
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:51 am

Kovy27 wrote:Kotalik - Crosby - Gaborik
Caputi - Kopitar - Staal

softest 1st line ever :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby conforto45 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Caputi - Kopitar - Staal

i thought we were trading Malkin for Kopitar??
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Trade Staal Witney and Satan and get your self 2 good wingers in return. Ones that we don;t have to worry anout re-signing or losing in free agency.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:23 pm

no name wrote:Trade Staal Witney and Satan and get your self 2 good wingers in return. Ones that we don;t have to worry anout re-signing or losing in free agency.

I'd want two elite wingers for that threesome.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:38 pm

conforto45 wrote:
Caputi - Kopitar - Staal

i thought we were trading Malkin for Kopitar??

Staal new contract should be 3 mills per year max. and short -term 2years-3 max. Then we will see how big impact can he have in NHL and if we can afford him and also if we will need him at all.
Because of Pierre- Zabotel,Jeffrey and Veilleux down the road,we will easily cover C position in next 2-3 years soo.. Maybe we can really part ways with Jordan. Im against trading him,but with all that prospect down the line,maybe its just wont be a problem at all.
Soo is LW position to play with Sid - Caputi i think(i hope rather) will become new Kevin Stevens (not with that kind of numbers,but above-average ones).
And also on d-corps - we already have one of the best in league,and in next couple of years we will have Lovejoy,Grant,Sneep and Strait to battle for top six in NHL. I just hope that there wont be anymore of Noah Welch type of dissapointments..
Whitney, Letang, Goligoski,Grant as offensive defensmans and Orpik,Scuderi,Sneep,Lovejoy and Strait as defensive d-mans is a fantastic depth,but we will probably have to move another off.d-man ,because there price is the highest,soo All Four of mentioned above wont play together.

That was my main thing to discuss,but...
As far as Kovy27 goes- he signed 3 years contract as ass.GM :) and he already made first impact moves as he traded Kopitar for Talbot,Kotalik for Wallace,Gaborik and 1st rounder for Curry and also i grew up and gain some muscles to play on best 4th line in nhl :D
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:56 pm

I'd let someone give him a big offer sheet during the offseason and take their first rounders for the next few years instead of trading him for a winger. We're so short in organizational depth it's not even funny.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:22 pm

wondermoose wrote:I'd let someone give him a big offer sheet during the offseason and take their first rounders for the next few years instead of trading him for a winger. We're so short in organizational depth it's not even funny.

I'd rather win a Cup than have organizational depth. If they're set on losing Staal, they need to trade him for someone that can help now and will be around for a while. Selling off a key chip for draft picks now is a bum move for a team that is poised to be elite now and very realistically can win a Cup or Cups within the next few years, including this one.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pcm on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Even though I think Staal's more valuable to this team as a 3rd center, I think it would be prudent to try him on Crosby's wing for a stretch before giving him a contract. I'd rather have Staal be the swing guy between center and wing to jump start the offense than Malkin.

And to lose Staal in order to make room for scoring depth on the wing (whether financially or through trade) is basically a lateral move.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins