Trade Scenarios

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Scenarios

Postby jimjom on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:18 pm

I like the NYI deal mentioned. Okposo is full of potential. Weight will be playing well into his 40's like Gary Roberts and he is still going to contribute 15-20 goals and the same amount of assists yearly.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby owtahear on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:28 pm

If I am trading Staal (and Whitney) it is for a long term answer. Nathan Horton or Dustin Brown would be my top two choices, I am not sure if they are attainable.

If Ottawa fades, then Heatly certainly is a possibility, but there are cap concerns. I don't want a Gaborik or Kovalchuk, I want guys who can and will go to the net and score, I want a power forward type that we so desperately need on the PP and would the perfect partner for Sid. Kyle Okposo is definitely interesting, man I would kill to have Lucic but he would be likely untouchable.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cerp66 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Kovalchuk (ATL) to PIT -- Yeah, the holy grail of trades. ATL has been willing to make moves with big players, but Kovalchuk is signed through next year. That complicates things somewhat. I think Whitney would have to be involved in a trade for Kovalchuk to free up cap room. ATL is deep enough on D that I'm not sure they'd take Eaton, but I'm betting they'd love to have Whitney and not re-sign Schneider. I'm thinking Whitney/Staal for Kovalchuk could conceivably happen. I don't think we'll get a Hossa-like deal since he's signed through '10.

No brainer, I'm praying that happens.
Kovalchuk is young, and exactly what this team lacks and needs.
Remember, the team that gets the best player in a trade wins....we win.
cerp66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby VENOM on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:42 pm

owtahear wrote: Dustin Brown.

There you have it!!! I've been calling for Brown since last October. He would be a Rick Tocchet or Keven Stevens for Sid!
VENOM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Noise on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:24 pm

I can guarantee you Dustin Brown is untouchable
locked in at 3.1 million a year for 5 years after this one. That's a cheap deal, and he's damn good. Pens couldn't land Brown unless Malkin, Crosby, or Fleury was going the other way. But Pens wouldn't give that up, so only in our PS3 and Xbox 360 dreams will Brown be our Stevens.
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins