Malkin's stick between the legs goal video

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin's stick between the legs goal video

Postby ivand87 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:04 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7uLh1kRVA

Does anyone have better video of this? And by better video I mean the Versus feed or another replay on CBC when Brian Burke wasn't giving his incredible opinions. Because we all know how important Brian Burke's opinions are!
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Malkin's stick between the legs goal video

Postby PensRock611 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 am

It's the www.tsn.ca highlight of the night. You can see it on the right hand side of the front page.
PensRock611

Postby darkstar57 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 am

TSN highlist is good becuase it also shows malkin bat the puck around the one Defense man (i forget who)
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby jaysmiter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am

That goal rules so hard.

I just love the fact that Malkin was out there trying all kinds of crazy stuff, moreso than anyone else. It's amazing how Malkin GETS the All-Star game. It's about promoting the sport and having a good time...and what better way to do that then trying everything you screw around with in practice in an actual game?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Postby Senka on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:14 am

I missed it in game. Thanks.

*trust me. i heard about it from downstairs as it happened, but missed it live. shame on me.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am

Geno is terrible. Trade him.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ffemtreed on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am

Did anyone else notice the chemisty between Kovy and Malkin on the ice? I know this was a show off event, but them two just seemed to click. Kovy could have had 5 or 6 goals in that game.

Yes that goal between his legs was sweet! I wish he would do that in a real game against the flyers when we are beating them like 6 or 7 to nothing. That would be CLASSIC!
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby czwalga on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 am

ffemtreed wrote:Did anyone else notice the chemisty between Kovy and Malkin on the ice? I know this was a show off event, but them two just seemed to click. Kovy could have had 5 or 6 goals in that game.

Yes that goal between his legs was sweet! I wish he would do that in a real game against the flyers when we are beating them like 6 or 7 to nothing. That would be CLASSIC!

Name one guy Malkin hasn't clicked with??

He even made satan look halfway decent when they played a game or two together. :shock:
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ginger on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

ffemtreed wrote:Did anyone else notice the chemisty between Kovy and Malkin on the ice? I know this was a show off event, but them two just seemed to click. Kovy could have had 5 or 6 goals in that game.

I did. We commented on that ourselves. He really hit it off with Kovy & they worked together really well. :( I hate stuff like that 'cuz I worry it'll lead to losing somebody. We know Kovy won't come back to Pittsburgh, so...

Yeah I know. I'm freaking out unduly.

As for him doing the fancy footwork that in regular games, I have seen him do it, but it's kinda lost in the rest of the game. He's more concerned about winning a game in regular season tho' than he is in playing cutesy. :)
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby helmespc on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm

The TSN lady also calls Ovechkin the NHL scoring leader.... he's not even in 2nd, sheesh.
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Ginger wrote:

I did. We commented on that ourselves. He really hit it off with Kovy & they worked together really well. :( I hate stuff like that 'cuz I worry it'll lead to losing somebody. We know Kovy won't come back to Pittsburgh, so...

Yeah I know. I'm freaking out unduly.

As for him doing the fancy footwork that in regular games, I have seen him do it, but it's kinda lost in the rest of the game. He's more concerned about winning a game in regular season tho' than he is in playing cutesy. :)

Kovalchuk apparently likes hanging with Malkin too:

"The players were at podiums in pairs. Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk -- who, when he walked in and saw the name of his seatmate said, "Evgeni Malkin? Nice!" -- was visited by more reporters"

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09025/944345-61.stm

Let the rumors run amok! .... jus' saying. :wink:

EDIT: sorry, I read "Kovy" as Kovalchuk, not Kovalev. My bad. But, my sentiment remains the same.
Last edited by Pitts on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm

helmespc wrote:The TSN lady also calls Ovechkin the NHL scoring leader.... he's not even in 2nd, sheesh.

Yea I got pissed off when Doc Emrick said that Ovechkin was the leading point-getter in the NHL, during the skills competition.

It's amazing how Geno gets 0 credit and how much he is flying under the radar.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
helmespc wrote:The TSN lady also calls Ovechkin the NHL scoring leader.... he's not even in 2nd, sheesh.

Yea I got pissed off when Doc Emrick said that Ovechkin was the leading point-getter in the NHL, during the skills competition.

Actually, the TSN lady was correct. Ovie is the the scoring leader. He has 31 goals. There is a difference between scoring leader and points leader. Scoring leader is goals only. Points leader is goals and assists.

Which means Doc Emrick was wrong. Geno is the leading points getter in the league. Doc, of all people, should know better than to make a mistake like that.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

Actually, the TSN lady was correct. Ovie is the the scoring leader. He has 31 goals. There is a difference between scoring leader and points leader. Scoring leader is goals only. Points leader is goals and assists.

Which means Doc Emrick was wrong. Geno is the leading points getter in the league. Doc, of all people, should know better than to make a mistake like that.

I've been watching hockey for awhile I never knew of the distinction in points/scoring. Points/goals, yes.
The Art Ross goes to the points leader. Only if there is a tie in points would the art ross go to the player with more goals scored. Happened with Lindros and Jaromir way back.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stan Potash on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

then why is the "scoring champion" the player with the most points?
Stan Potash
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stan Potash on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 pm

actually, it's kind of vague in that context. yes, malkin is the points leader and ovechkin is the goals leader. but to say either of them is the leading scorer also works, as long as it is clarified. but malkin is, in fact, the NHL's leading points getter. i think we can agree on that. "if the season were to end today" malkin would be called the league's points champion (art ross) and ovechkin would be the rocket richard winner.
Stan Potash
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Stan Potash wrote:actually, it's kind of vague in that context. yes, malkin is the points leader and ovechkin is the goals leader. but to say either of them is the leading scorer also works, as long as it is clarified. but malkin is, in fact, the NHL's leading points getter. i think we can agree on that. "if the season were to end today" malkin would be called the league's points champion (art ross) and ovechkin would be the rocket richard winner.

See, you answered your own question. :lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Anyone with photoshop skills make it in a gif please.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Anyone with photoshop skills make it in a gif please.

That vid is kind of weak to make an ani-gif from. I'll make one when I get home though unless I can find a better video.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Don't know if this video can be used but it's better quality.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip133200#clip133200

Right around the 1:20 mark.

That or ESPN's is pretty good to

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3860290
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

A little too fast, but I got home too late to mess with it further lol....

EDIT: Slowed it.

Last edited by AlexPKeaton on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 pm

alexpkeaton animated gif ftw
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:A little too fast, but I got home too late to mess with it further lol....

EDIT: Slowed it.

Oh God Yes. Well done. Thanks. :D
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins