Just a thought

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Just a thought

Postby rosey6629 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 pm

brwi wrote:
Samsdog wrote:I'm thinking I'm the only one that thinks this, but I'd be interested in looking at Tanguay for the right price. Granted, he's only ever been a twenty-five goal scorer, but three times has been a point per game player. No way I'd even consider him for more than 4 million per (preferably something in between that and the Satan range), but it's at least worth looking at considering he didn't perform too well last year and wasn't much better this year (so he shouldn't command less money in theory). If they're looking for potentially inexpensive, high-upside wingers he could be someone to look at. It also helps that he's a substantially better defensive player than Sykora or Satan. If he tries to net what he's making now, however, no way dude.

You're not the only one. There was some buzz here last year around the deadline on Tanguay because he's a solid and consistent two-way forward. 29 goals in 2005-2006 is his highest goal production, and he racks up the assists. I think he'll get 4mil a year or so on the open market if he comes back strong from his shoulder injury this season. I think he'd be worth it to the Pens, but I can see him getting some serious looks from a lot of teams.

Brad

You think Satan is soff? Tanguay = soffer
rosey6629
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby brwi on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Tanguay may not be a grinder, but he's hardly soff. What he does is give a 100% effort at both ends of the ice, something that Satan(or Sykora for that matter) doesn't. There's a reason why he's been a + every year he's been in the NHL and that's mainly due to effort. Pens need smart and consistent effort as much or more than "grit" or someone to dig pucks out of the corners.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby rosey6629 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:48 pm

ok bring him here. he'll be the board whipping boy in no time.
rosey6629
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:05 pm

i wish this message board would permanently ban citing +/- statistics in arguments
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rocket_Tocchet on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34 pm

rosey6629 wrote:
brwi wrote:
Samsdog wrote:I'm thinking I'm the only one that thinks this, but I'd be interested in looking at Tanguay for the right price. Granted, he's only ever been a twenty-five goal scorer, but three times has been a point per game player. No way I'd even consider him for more than 4 million per (preferably something in between that and the Satan range), but it's at least worth looking at considering he didn't perform too well last year and wasn't much better this year (so he shouldn't command less money in theory). If they're looking for potentially inexpensive, high-upside wingers he could be someone to look at. It also helps that he's a substantially better defensive player than Sykora or Satan. If he tries to net what he's making now, however, no way dude.

You're not the only one. There was some buzz here last year around the deadline on Tanguay because he's a solid and consistent two-way forward. 29 goals in 2005-2006 is his highest goal production, and he racks up the assists. I think he'll get 4mil a year or so on the open market if he comes back strong from his shoulder injury this season. I think he'd be worth it to the Pens, but I can see him getting some serious looks from a lot of teams.

Brad

You think Satan is soff? Tanguay = soffer

Impossible, maybe equally soft but no one can be softer than Satan. :)
Rocket_Tocchet
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins