Minard recalled

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Minard recalled

Postby Admin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Chris Minard from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League (AHL), it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ray Shero.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,878
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Minard recalled

Postby KG on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 am

Cooke's replacement...Fine...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,975
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Minard recalled

Postby Eismann on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 am

MARCH IN, SIR D.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,555
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick

Re: Minard recalled

Postby ShipHockey7 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:59 am

make it happen minard
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,285
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Minard recalled

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 pm

When Minard scores, the Stillers go to the Super Bowl!
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Minard recalled

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Hopefully he's on the 1st and Dups is on the 3rd.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,478
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Minard recalled

Postby RxBandit66 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Minard played well tonight. Not just the assist, but he played physical in the corners and took a hit or two to make a play. If he is willing to keep paying that price in front of the net, I say give him a shot in front of the goaltender on the powerplay.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,819
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Kittanning

Re: Minard recalled

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 am

Minard shoots early and often. And crashes the net early and often. And gets knocked on his tush early a nd often.

I like him.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,084
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Minard recalled

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:24 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Minard shoots early and often. And crashes the net early and often. And gets knocked on his tush early a nd often.

I like him.

I'll second that.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Minard recalled

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 am

Mongoose87 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Minard shoots early and often. And crashes the net early and often. And gets knocked on his tush early a nd often.

I like him.

I'll second that.


thirded. motion carried
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Minard recalled

Postby K2 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 am

I like him too. He's kind of Fedotenko-lite. If we're unable to bring Ruslan back or need to allocate that money elsewhere, I'd be happy with Minard in a full-time role next season
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,898
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Kuhnhackl's German Army

Re: Minard recalled

Postby bh on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:08 am

Laser of a shot, likes to play physical, what's not to like?

He reminds me of a better version of Ouellet.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,497
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:48 am

Re: Minard recalled

Postby offsides on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:21 am

mac5155 wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Minard shoots early and often. And crashes the net early and often. And gets knocked on his tush early a nd often.

I like him.

I'll second that.


thirded. motion carried


I'll fourth it, if there is such a thing. :?

He plays like he would like to hang around for a while. Plays hard, crashes the net, what's not to like? Plus he got me 76 points last night on the "Penguins Extra Attacker" game. :)
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,450
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Minard recalled

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 pm

bh wrote:Laser of a shot, likes to play physical, what's not to like?

He reminds me of a better version of Ouellet.


Except Ouellet got significant time with Gino. I'd still like to see Minard get more solid top-6 minutes.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,478
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Minard recalled

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:06 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
bh wrote:Laser of a shot, likes to play physical, what's not to like?

He reminds me of a better version of Ouellet.


Except Ouellet got significant time with Gino. I'd still like to see Minard get more solid top-6 minutes.

He's playing on the second line, I think that would qualify.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Minard recalled

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:13 pm

This thread should never have to be created again...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,355
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Minard recalled

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Agreed, I can't even believe he was sent back down. He's been one of our best wingers when he's up. Gino, Sykkie, TK, Minard?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,082
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Minard recalled

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:
bh wrote:Laser of a shot, likes to play physical, what's not to like?

He reminds me of a better version of Ouellet.


Except Ouellet got significant time with Gino. I'd still like to see Minard get more solid top-6 minutes.

He's playing on the second line, I think that would qualify.


Staal isn't exactly the playmaker extroardinaire that scoring wingers desire to play with. Plus, notice I said top-6 minutes too. Only Godard, Biz Nasty, and Thomas played under 12 minutes, which is what Minard played.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,478
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Minard recalled

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Agreed, I can't even believe he was sent back down. He's been one of our best wingers when he's up. Gino, Sykkie, TK, Minard?


he was sent down to play over the all star break, if thats what u mean
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Minard recalled

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:00 pm

mac5155 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Agreed, I can't even believe he was sent back down. He's been one of our best wingers when he's up. Gino, Sykkie, TK, Minard?


he was sent down to play over the all star break, if thats what u mean


Yeah, but the others (Thomas and Bizzy) were called up before Cooke's suspension. Minard only returned after news of that.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,082
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Minard recalled

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:25 pm

minard train choo choo
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,852
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Minard recalled

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 pm

One of the best nicknames ever.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,478
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fast B, Great58, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, Penspal and 17 guests


e-mail