Burnside defends Therrien ... kinda

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Burnside defends Therrien ... kinda

Postby KewellHandLuke on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:15 pm

... or maybe he's trying to take a preemptive swipe at 66 and is still pissy with Mario for not be "more accessible" during the Cup Finals last year. I know this board doesn't need another MT thread, but I am bored today ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3864027

"8. Which coach is on the hot seat?
Burnside: Most people will say Michel Therrien in Pittsburgh. I will say (again) that will be the ultimate in gutlessness if Mario Lemieux et al pull the plug on Therrien. But that wasn't the question. I think Alain Vigneault in Vancouver had better beware ... "
KewellHandLuke
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Burnside defends Therrien ... kinda

Postby Draftnik on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:59 pm

MT has allegedly been on the firing line for years. His firing was "imminent" a few weeks ago according to all the Kovy is a done deal know nothings. How many times and different seasons do these guys have to be wrong about MT before fans realize they don't have the inside information they claim to have?

Now that the experts were wrong about the immanency of MT's dismissal they have gone out on a limb and said his firing isn't imminent. :roll: That is the kind of real insider information insiders can offer for a fee. :lol:
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I didn't read that story, but how is it gutless to fire a coach if your team is underachieving? doesn't it happen every year several times?
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm

He harbors hate.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guido on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Lemieux's pinky finger > Scott Burnside.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Guido wrote:Lemieux's pinky finger > Scott Burnside.

Lemieux's toilet > Brunside.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby vjx67 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:

the contents of Lemieux's toilet > Burnside.
vjx67
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Samsdog on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Burnside has a woman's voice. No offense to the ladies, but men should have man voices and women should have women voices. Anyone that violates this rule (Burnside, Sally Wiggin) immediately loses all credibility.

In all seriousness, Therrien shouldn't be fired, but let's not go so far as saying that someone legitimately trying to help their team is gutless. Unwise, maybe. Gutless, no.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guido on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 pm

vjx67 wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:

the contents of Lemieux's toilet > Burnside.

Win.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:25 pm

We will see how this season finishes out. Should be interesting one way or the other.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Well, I don't think it's as simple as "what have you done for me lately." At least it shouldn't be. Therrien exceeded expectations the last two seasons. They rewarded him with a two year extension past this season. If they weren't willing to stick with him, they shouldn't have given him that extension. But really, they've given no indication that they aren't willing to go through with that commitment. All the talk about Therrien's supposed imminent firing has been speculation and lies.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 am

MrGreed wrote:"I will say (again) that will be the ultimate in gutlessness if Mario Lemieux et al pull the plug on Therrien."

Why would it be gutless? Getting results is the bottom line. Hey it doesn't matter if Burnside likes it or not...you pay a coach to win. It isn't about what you did for me in the past....it's what have you done for me lately. Funny how Burnside doesn't say one word about Shero....goes straight after Lemieux. Most ESPN hockey analysts are very bad except Bucci.

It's not like MT's winning days were seasons ago. I disagree with your statement. Lately he has hovered .500 in professional icehockey with a team consisting of career minor leaguers. I also don't think _____ could have coached anymore wins. Most of those losses are on the backs of the players' lack of a,b,c, and d.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins