Bold Prediction: Crosby will win 2009 Scoring Title

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bold Prediction: Crosby will win 2009 Scoring Title

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm rotting for Geno because A) His game kind of reminds me of Lemieux and B) I have an irrational adoration of him.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Draftnik on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I guess I am showing my age (44), but I am old enough to remember when Lemieux had 97 points with 3 games to go in his rookie season (84/85) and rooting for him to get 100 (he got it with a point in each of the last 3 games). I remember the next few seasons when rooting for Lemieux's personal achievements was the only thing Pens fans had to cheer for late in the season.

The Pens aren't in that distressed state anymore so I could care less who wins the scoring title (no Flyers of course), even if it is Ovechkin. I just want to see the Pens win and it doesn't matter to me if Scuderi and Goddard score all the goals.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Draftnik wrote:I guess I am showing my age (44), but I am old enough to remember when Lemieux had 97 points with 3 games to go in his rookie season (84/85) and rooting for him to get 100 (he got it with a point in each of the last 3 games). I remember the next few seasons when rooting for Lemieux's personal achievements was the only thing Pens fans had to cheer for late in the season.

The Pens aren't in that distressed state anymore so I could care less who wins the scoring title (no Flyers of course), even if it is Ovechkin. I just want to see the Pens win and it doesn't matter to me if Scuderi and Goddard score all the goals.

If Scuderi scored all the goals it would be AWESOME!
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby stefanh on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Well, Gino got a phantom one on Sid's backhand goal, so it evens out :lol:

They probably figured the guy never had full posession on both cases, and I didn't think Gino touched the puck on the Letang goal. But like I Said, they gave him one right back. Phantom assists all around!

Phantom? Watch the play again he did all the work at the boards and passed it to Sid.
stefanh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Draftnik wrote:I guess I am showing my age (44), but I am old enough to remember when Lemieux had 97 points with 3 games to go in his rookie season (84/85) and rooting for him to get 100 (he got it with a point in each of the last 3 games). I remember the next few seasons when rooting for Lemieux's personal achievements was the only thing Pens fans had to cheer for late in the season.

I like the tradition of penguins winning the Art Ross~ but if this team wants to start new tradition of collecting stanley cups, that is fine by me.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

stefanh wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Well, Gino got a phantom one on Sid's backhand goal, so it evens out :lol:

They probably figured the guy never had full posession on both cases, and I didn't think Gino touched the puck on the Letang goal. But like I Said, they gave him one right back. Phantom assists all around!

Phantom? Watch the play again he did all the work at the boards and passed it to Sid.

More like Phantom of the Opera kind of Phantom. You know, all mysterious and bad*ss.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 pm

czwalga wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I hope that Crosby wins it and then all the morons that are high on Malkin switch back to Crosby and then Malkin wins it next year and so on. People that feel like one of them has to be better should take a golf club to their face.

Right now they are about the same. Malkin has more room to get better than ovy and crosby. We'll see if it happends.

qué? How do you figure?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Apparently the Flyers board is making a big issue out of the Letang goal also.

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showt ... p?t=117935
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:Apparently the Flyers board is making a big issue out of the Letang goal also.

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showt ... p?t=117935

:roll: Ugh reading through that thread...I dunno whether I should laugh or cry. We're famous for fudging our numbers? Proof please. What a bunch of jokes.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm

stefanh wrote:

It was pretty obviously a giveaway by the Rangers D-man.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins