Pens Vs Rags Grades

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Vs Rags Grades

Postby helmespc on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:48 pm

That fight may have just been a raincheck from the last game.
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Completely disagree with you on the staged fight. I think it was more of Godard telling Orr that he wasn't going to come into Pittsburgh and pull his BS like he likes to against us. Orr was pretty much invisible the rest of the night, so it did accomplish something.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Draftnik on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Renney is really violating the code by sending Orr out to hurt Crosby. I don't think the answer is to go after the NYR stars because quite frankly they don't have any besides Lundqvist. The Pens will lose the hurt the star game every time because who else has Crosby and Malkin? Detroit has equivalent stars, but they don't play that game. The NYR losers like Gomez, Drury, Redden, Naslund, etc are not stars anymore. Maybe Zherdev will be someday.

I think MT has to send Bissonnette out to hurt Orr. Orr is trying to hurt Crosby and fighting Goddard hasn't deterred his intent to injure. The Pens need all the points they can get, but the game was too close in the 1st 2 periods last night and Renney only gave Orr 1 3rd period shift last night (before the Pens had a 3 goal lead) so there wasn't a good time. If there is a good time in the March 28 game MT needs to send Bissonnette after Orr and make sure there is a slew foot, hit from behind, shot to the head, or some other type of injurious action that tells Orr his safety is in jeopardy if he continues cheap shotting Crosby. if Bissonnette gets suspended for a few games it isn't a big deal and Orr certainly has this coming to him.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Draftnik on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 pm

farnham16 wrote:Completely disagree with you on the staged fight. I think it was more of Godard telling Orr that he wasn't going to come into Pittsburgh and pull his BS like he likes to against us. Orr was pretty much invisible the rest of the night, so it did accomplish something.

Orr slew footed Crosby in the 1st period after the Goddard fight. He was invisible because he had a small number of shifts including only 1 in the 3rd.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Jordan Staal's New Contract: A+ He's on fire since he re-signed.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Baddestmanalive on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:59 pm

I agree that the fight was carry-over from the last game. Orr had it coming. I also think that Sid had one of his best games of the season. Letang was awesome. He will probably end up being our best defenceman in a couple of years.
Baddestmanalive

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins