Free Ski Caps

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Free Ski Caps

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Living out here in the frozen tundra, we are unable to make it to many, if any, games in Pittsburgh. Last night's was one we would have loved to have gone to, as Jerez and I both would have liked to have gotten one of the free ski hats they gave away. They would really come in handy out here. Is there anyone who might be willing to either give or sell us their ski caps? If you are, just PM me. Sorry for the shameless begging.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Free Ski Caps

Postby npv708 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Living out here in the frozen tundra, we are unable to make it to many, if any, games in Pittsburgh. Last night's was one we would have loved to have gone to, as Jerez and I both would have liked to have gotten one of the free ski hats they gave away. They would really come in handy out here. Is there anyone who might be willing to either give or sell us their ski caps? If you are, just PM me. Sorry for the shameless begging.

Hey I don't blame you, as a matter of fact.. any extras I would be willing to help take off someone's hands too.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:44 pm

OH OH OH!!! Me too!!

We need an official "Hat Trading Thread"
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WHITEY1 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Have someone ship you a case of Labatt's Blue, they currently come with a PENS ski cap.
WHITEY1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby K2 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

If you can't manage to get one, keep an eye on the Chuck Thomas Enterprises site. They usually sell promo items. The hats are surprisingly warm and very nice. Some guy outside East Igloo was offering people $5 for theirs
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Living out here in the frozen tundra, we are unable to make it to many, if any, games in Pittsburgh. Last night's was one we would have loved to have gone to, as Jerez and I both would have liked to have gotten one of the free ski hats they gave away. They would really come in handy out here. Is there anyone who might be willing to either give or sell us their ski caps? If you are, just PM me. Sorry for the shameless begging.

I wore mine last night~ if you all don't mind a gently used one, only one, consider it done.

The gray 7 springs hat from last year, still the warmest hat I've ever had.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beerman on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:27 pm

WHITEY1 wrote:Have someone ship you a case of Labatt's Blue, they currently come with a PENS ski cap.

Those are really nice hats in there too, way better than the hats they gave out last year, but not as cool as the hockey helmets.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby czwalga on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 pm

I was suprised of how good the quality of those hats were. They are legit giveaways! I was pleasantly suprised.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimjom on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 pm

I think these hats are vastly superior to the Labatt hats and I was surprised by their quality.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Spikey on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:37 pm

They are really nice. Better than the 7 Springs ones from last year, and I wear that one all the time because it's the warmest hat ever.

The "Power to the Penguins" is a little much, just the Consol Energy name would have been sufficient, but I'm not going to complain about a free hat.

You might want to try contacting the Pens directly. I'd imagine they have leftovers and while I don't know what they do with them, they may be willing to part with a couple. For the free advertising if nothing else.
Last edited by Spikey on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby freq019 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 pm

My only complaint aside from the advertising is that they are a little small. I don't have a large melon and I think they are small so if you've got a sizable head its not going to fit without some serious effort or you can wear it grandpa style.
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 pm

jimjom wrote:I think these hats are vastly superior to the Labatt hats and I was surprised by their quality.

As was I. Being I shave my head. No one is getting mine, it will definitely will be used. Ane the lady who attended with me, well it was her first pens game and she was in love with hers and I'm sure she's not giving hers away
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Spikey wrote:They are really nice. Better than the 7 Springs ones from last year, and I wear that one all the time because it's the warmest hat ever.

The "Power to the Penguins" is a little much, just the Consol Energy name would have been sufficient, but I'm not going to complain about a free hat.

You might want to try contacting the Pens directly. I'd imagine they have leftovers and while I don't know what they do with them, they may be willing to part with a couple. For the free advertising if nothing else.

Good idea, I'll give that a try.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby zarleyzalapskisarmy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I got mine last night. Heavy duty hat, but I'm kinda tired of the blue and baby blue color schemes...Pens look best with the uniforms and colors they wore last night. I was dying for Letang or Sykora to get the HT so I could pitch the hat. But since that didn't happen, I'll use it for something to sweat in during cold weather.
zarleyzalapskisarmy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 pm

The hat is awesome. Definitely worth it, if you can find one.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby heshootsandscores on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 pm

I was pleasantly suprised! i even enjoyed the F section. It is a great place to sit...great game.
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ShipHockey7 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 pm

I would love to get one too...
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins