PUT A FORK IN EM

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby cs6687 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:23 am

Say. Has anyone heard from any of the doom-and-gloom clique in the last week?
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,188
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Mongoose87 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 am

cs6687 wrote:Say. Has anyone heard from any of the doom-and-gloom clique in the last week?

I ate them in the "Turning Point Breakfast" thread. I was hungry.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:Let's nuke the bastards.


Hahaha, yes.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Bill Guerin is uploading the virus.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby peterleefan on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:11 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:Let's nuke the bastards.


great Independence Day quote...
peterleefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: Mon Valley

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:17 pm

I love these "I told you so" bumps i'm seeing. Does it really make you feel better about yourself?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,992
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I love these "I told you so" bumps i'm seeing. Does it really make you feel better about yourself?


Not really, I just felt like adding a new character to the mix.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I love these "I told you so" bumps i'm seeing. Does it really make you feel better about yourself?


It makes me feel better.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,138
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Marty Midnight on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Why are you guys raging on the rags on the PENS forum.


NPR.
Marty Midnight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Mule Rental

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Marty Midnight wrote:Why are you guys raging on the rags on the PENS forum.


NPR.


MHARTI!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NWXDbv225c
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby westside on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:23 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I love these "I told you so" bumps i'm seeing. Does it really make you feel better about yourself?


It makes me feel better.


hahah.... +2 for honesty
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,228
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:13 am
Location: South City, CA

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby ulf on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:37 pm

westside wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I love these "I told you so" bumps i'm seeing. Does it really make you feel better about yourself?


It makes me feel better.


hahah.... +2 for honesty

I agree.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,455
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Pens15 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 pm

I think the fact that the Pens have are 8-1-1 in their past 10 games, but yet are still in extremely tenuous position for the playoffs proves that the stick a fork crowd was not so misguided at all. They have gotten hotter than anybody could have reasonably expected and they'll have to remain so. At few weeks ago it seemed extremely unlikely and it still is far from certain.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,103
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Image

Now that's what I Call a close game
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Bump city. Just sayin'.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,610
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: This aggression will not stand, man

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Eismann on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:Bump city. Just sayin'.


+2 if that's a ref to Johnny "Bump City" Bumphus.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,298
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 am

I still like the "when will it be over for you?" thread. It is good now.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,473
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 am

Where has the OP gone?

BTW

The package has been delivered (Bill Guerin uploaded the virus)...

And now, we're ready for a full aerial assault in the playoffs.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:50 am

DocEmrick wrote:Where has the OP gone?



People like that tend to disappear when the going is good. If we lose 2 in a row, they'll be right back on here spewing their negativity.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,610
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: This aggression will not stand, man

Only Carolina is close to the Pens in the last 25 games

Postby Southern Fan on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 am

Check out points in the last 25 in the East

Pittsburgh 39
Carolina 36
Ottawa 32
Atlanta 31
Washington 31
Toronto 30
Florida 29
Philadelphia 29
New Jersey 29
Boston 28
Buffalo 26
Rangers 26
Montreal 24
Islanders 22
Tampa Bay 20
Southern Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby SteelTown66 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 am

DocEmrick wrote:Where has the OP gone?

BTW

The package has been delivered (Bill Guerin uploaded the virus)...

And now, we're ready for a full aerial assault in the playoffs.


He's no longer posting under "Clue". It's now "No Clue."
SteelTown66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:40 am

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 am

Anyone else find it ironic that this thread was started the day we fired Therrien?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,154
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 am

It was the winter of their discontent!
;)

It was like the stars aligning, Sergei's return, overall health of the team, coaching change, change in how they play... pens turnaround isn't just one thing. Or maybe they realized they were about to throw away a season of play-offs. Or, be the butt of the stanley cup hangover joke. That is over!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,473
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby dagny on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 am

Pens15 wrote:I think the fact that the Pens have are 8-1-1 in their past 10 games, but yet are still in extremely tenuous position for the playoffs proves that the stick a fork crowd was not so misguided at all. They have gotten hotter than anybody could have reasonably expected and they'll have to remain so. At few weeks ago it seemed extremely unlikely and it still is far from certain.


I, reasonably, expected it.... not a doubt ever crept into my mind that the Pens would come on strong in the end and secure a playoff spot.

They always do this to us! Like to keep the fans on their toes, they do... :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,666
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: PUT A FORK IN EM

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 am

dagny wrote:
Pens15 wrote:I think the fact that the Pens have are 8-1-1 in their past 10 games, but yet are still in extremely tenuous position for the playoffs proves that the stick a fork crowd was not so misguided at all. They have gotten hotter than anybody could have reasonably expected and they'll have to remain so. At few weeks ago it seemed extremely unlikely and it still is far from certain.


I, reasonably, expected it.... not a doubt ever crept into my mind that the Pens would come on strong in the end and secure a playoff spot.

They always do this to us! Like to keep the fans on their toes, they do... :lol:


What the heck are you doing up at 7:45 am?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,154
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ar5, Defence21 and 20 guests

e-mail