She doesn't like Sid ... alright already!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

She doesn't like Sid ... alright already!

Postby Pitts on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:50 pm

Well, how many women actually understand the sport?

oh wait.... (RUNS FOR COVER)

Well, she's entitled to her opinion.

Appears to me that she's just trying to make a name for herself by being over the top and no better way than to say Crosby sucks or Crosby rules.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: She doesn't like Sid ... alright already!

Postby NIN on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:52 pm

Pitts wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Columnists/Nicks_Erin/2006/02/04/1426340.html

Really, she doesn't. :D

Hes just too much man for some hockey fans.
NIN

Postby jmh70 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:41 pm

More Crosby hate.

*yawn*
jmh70

Postby Jan on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:20 pm

Plenty of sportswriters feel the need to say something controversial. We see it here often enough.

On the other hand, I don't think it's very mature to dislike an 18-year-old because he displays a little immature behavior now and then. That's the nature of the beast.
Jan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jamie on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:08 am

She is just looking for ratings so she can keep her job for another week.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jerez on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:26 am

Bowser wrote:Well, how many women actually understand the sport?

oh wait.... (RUNS FOR COVER)

You're very lucky, Bowser. The Steelers won the Super Bowl, so I'm in a good mood tonight. I'm going to give you a pass -- just this once. :twisted:
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

I'll forgive YOU too...

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:06 am

[quote="Bowser"]Well, how many women actually understand the sport?

I will not forgive a woman who's career is to know sports. :oops: shame on you Hicks/witch! Don't come sniffing around Sid when he's winning the Calder! Or whne Canada does not get IT done in
Turin.

2nd or 3rd rule of the media, build up to tear down!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

She's an Idiot

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:47 am

She follows up here anti Sid screed with this:

Here’s a new theory on Ray Emery: If he was allowed to be himself without constant grief — that would include getting tattoos, dying his hair and choosing designs for his mask — wouldn’t it stand to reason his confidence would return in short order? The first year in any career is a hypersensitive time. It will do more harm than good if Ray is scolded after every attempt to express his character.

So she hates Sid for being himself, but wants Emery to be allowed to be himself. Yeah, right. Whatever :roll: .
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ville5 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:39 pm

She's just mad that Sid refused to put it in her 5 hole. Can't say that I blame him. :shock:
That piece is more letter to the editor quality than a supposedly professional written column. Can't believe she's paid money for that.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jerez on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:50 pm

ville5 wrote:That piece is more letter to the editor quality than a supposedly professional written column. Can't believe she's paid money for that.

Yeah, my first thought was "who is she to criticize anybody? She can barely do her own job." And then she did show her true colors with remarks about Emery. Hypocrite.

She'll change her tune in four years when Sid leads Canada to the Olympic Gold Medal. (Am I the first to predict this? :lol: )
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ginger on Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:05 pm

The time will come when Crosby won’t be able to rely on his delicate age as a cure-all excuse for his transgressions. One hopes that day, and his eventual emotional maturity, arrives swiftly. Surely if we’re subjected to another 20 years of this, the Crosmaniacs will spin themselves into the ground.

Well golly...how profound is that? "The time will come when Crosby won’t be able to rely on his delicate age" The delicate age that he is now because he hasn't matured past 18 yet. I'm surprised that a woman wouldn't recognise this; unless she herself is immature. :P
This woman gives women in the sports media a bad name.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Some people, seriously. That woman obviously doesn't know hockey, or know anything about Sidney. I hate people like that, the people that just keep bashing Sidney. He freakin' saved the Penguins this year, without him, who knows how much worse we could be doing? Well, I don't care what she says, I think Sidney's great!!
ushockeyteam1980

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Ginger wrote:This woman gives women in the sports media a bad name.

She just gives the media a bad name period. Pittsburgh natives should be used to it with the sports columnists that "work" in this town.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ginger on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:45 am

netwolf wrote:
She just gives the media a bad name period. Pittsburgh natives should be used to it with the sports columnists that "work" in this town.

You're right of course, but I thought being female might give her the edge on seeing that Sid is still a kid. And that he'll grow up pretty quickly. Guess I was giving her too much credit.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby scals37 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:37 pm

yea, congrats on getting your superbly well written article in on time to your editor.... what exactly is this article putting forth? what is it informing me of? I'm a journalism major, rule numero uno in writing: Remain neutral on issues and REPORT THE NEWS...... No one asked this woman of her opinion and I can only guess why; dont try to be an enthusiast if you cant get your facts straight, just because your canadian doesnt mean youre an expert on the sport.
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins