Scalping Easy in Washington?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Scalping Easy in Washington?

Postby RedLightDistrict on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:16 am

Im going to be in DC for business at the beginning of next week. So I was considering going in early and hitting the Pens/Caps game in D.C. But via Ticketmaster (which I despise) they only have super expensive tickets remaining.

Does anyone know what the scalping market is like in D.C.? Or a good Caps board where I might ask this question?

Thanks
RedLightDistrict

Postby Ironhorse on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:36 am

There is no need to scalp hockey tickets in DC. They are not attracting fans and the building is emply. Go to ticketmaster.com and you can buy 15,000 tockets right now. (I'm exagerating a tad but tickets are always available). I might go Saturday night but then again, TV always works too.
Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RedLightDistrict on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:41 am

Apparently you didn't read my post or fact check.

All $20-$75 seats are already sold out.

$90 are the cheapest seats left and I don't feel like paying that much to watch these two bad teams play.

But if I can go and scalp C or D level seats for <$40 I may go.

So if anyone who KNOWS the answer would like to respond, please do.

Thanks
RedLightDistrict

Postby Ironhorse on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Good golly, sorry to rub you wrong. I'd stay home for those prices and watch on TV. Heck, there goes my plans. I've never seen anyone scalping outside of the arena in DC. And I've been there a few dozen times over the last 6 seasons or so.
Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby rarst1717 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:18 pm

I am making the trip down and I have some extra tickets if you want them. I think I have about 4 extras as of right now and they are $10 each. E-mail me at rarst17@ yahoo.com if you are interested.
rarst1717

Postby RedLightDistrict on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm

Thanks rarst1717, that's awesome. I dropped you a line.

And no sweat Ironhorse -- I appreciate the info about not seeing scalpers around MCI Center.
RedLightDistrict

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins