Post Your Favorite Red Wings Conspiracy Theories Here!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Post Your Favorite Red Wings Conspiracy Theories Here!

Postby slappybrown on Wed May 27, 2009 10:59 pm

For having the elite NHL organization for the past 10-15 years, their fans manage to combine a unique mix of arrogance, stupidity, insecurity, and tin-foil level insanity into one, big, hateable mass. The whole THE NHL IS OUT TO GET US has already started:

"does anyone else think that the league is trying to handicap this series by rushing the start to saturday after originally announcing it would be june 5th. not only does that insure dats and lids can’t get TOO healthy before saturday, but then they have to play back to back, saturday and sunday.

i’m sure the league will use tv audience as an excuse, but it reeks to me of the league trying to further balance the scales…

Posted by perfection on 05/27/09 at 10:37 PM ET "

Left unsaid, of course, if what previous acts the NHL took prior to this new attempt to "FURTHER" balance the scales (BETTMAN INJURED LIDSTROM PERSONALLY!!!). Just fantastic. Yea, its BUTTMAN (GET IT!!!) trying to help out THID (LULZ!!!) and harm the Wings. It doesnt have anything to do with, you know, the immense stupidity that would result if the league shut down for ten days at the most exicting point in the season.

And even more:

"All of a sudden the league jumps the schedule an entire week when the Wings are at their most injured? What BS! Of course, there’s no conspiracy at the NHL, just the execution of a plan.

Posted by RWBill from the train station climbing on The Hasek.All Aboard on 05/27/09 at 10:42 PM ET"

THE NHL IS READING MY MAIL!!!!! GET OUT OF MY HEADSPACE BUTTMAN!!!

Comments courtesy of: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a ... h_for_you/

I am sure over the next couple weeks more and more hilarious examples of Red Wings delusion will provide hours of amusement for us, especially if the Pens GASP win a game or SHOCK HORRORSHOW win the Cup.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Post Your Favorite Red Wings Conspiracy Theories Here!

Postby bhaw on Wed May 27, 2009 11:02 pm

If any hockey fan of any team right now would be happy with 9 days layoff during the playoffs, I'd say they aren't much of a hockey fan. Over a week between the conference finals and the finals, all momentum is lost.

They weren't complaining last year when the Pens didn't get 10 days off to rest their injuries, were they?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Firebird on Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

On the ESPN show on Columbus radio they always refer to them as "Commie Euro Trap Lovers"
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Thu May 28, 2009 9:48 am

Posted in another thread, but this was too good not to add to this Children's Treasury of Wings-related insanity;

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a ... ys_agenda/

"It just boils down to this and it’s real simple: Gary Bettman does not like the Detroit Red Wing organ-I-zation and he would like Sidney Crosby to hoist the Cup. "

"Bettman despises the Wings. He hates what Holland did to sign Franzen and Zetterberg. Long term deals to circumvent his pet CBA. He despises the fact that the Wings are so popular, make the league so much money, but dictate gates and memorabilia sales...that they are bigger than he is, almost as big as the league itself. Bettman hates that Jimmy D and Mike Ilitch resisted the lockout, that they sided with their players. You think that doesn’t have a lot to do with why Detroit is favored among all NHL players? "

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby darkstar57 on Thu May 28, 2009 10:02 am

The think i really love about Conspiracy and the NHL is people seem to thnk that Gary Bettman is that smart to pull this stuff off.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu May 28, 2009 11:11 am

The comments on A2Y are unreal. I always go there for a laugh.

My favorite started in the midst of Osgood's big slump when he lambasted the NHL for that Center Ice commercial -- you know the one where the Pens fan builds his own glass and boards to watch the game. That sent Red Wings fans over the edge. They still refer to those commercials as the jackatorium ads (which is still pretty funny).

Osgood tried to deflect criticism of his poor play with throwing the NHL marketing people under the bus. Cute.

I can't wait to see Osgood dive when the A/C comes on in either arena. Or the subtle obstruction that never gets called. It might send me over the edge.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:The comments on A2Y are unreal. I always go there for a laugh.

My favorite started in the midst of Osgood's big slump when he lambasted the NHL for that Center Ice commercial -- you know the one where the Pens fan builds his own glass and boards to watch the game. That sent Red Wings fans over the edge. They still refer to those commercials as the jackatorium ads (which is still pretty funny).

Osgood tried to deflect criticism of his poor play with throwing the NHL marketing people under the bus. Cute.

I can't wait to see Osgood dive when the A/C comes on in either arena. Or the subtle obstruction that never gets called. It might send me over the edge.

Osgood has a supremely punchable face. Especially when he opens his mouth. He's uniquely annoying. And the Ribeiro thing from last year is still one of the most embarassing acts I have ever seen in the NHL.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MdPensFan on Thu May 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Detroit's last 4 Stanely Cups were?

96/97 - Det def. Phil
97/98 - Det def. Wash
01/02 - Det def. Car

Just an interesting stat....
MdPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins