Will Recchi Be Dealt?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Will Recchi Be Dealt?

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:37 pm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune ... 20952.html

Reading this article, it is obvious he does not have a no-trade clause. He says things like

"I don't want to go anywhere. But it's going to be up to the team's decision"

"I haven't talked to anybody, no. I haven't talked to anyone about anything. I'm just worried about helping the young guys out, and that stuff will take care of itself. I signed here for a reason, and I'd love to stick it out. We'll find out. But I can't worry about it."

So, if CP can get something decent from a team like Toronto (they need somebody to play with Sundin), the I say go for it. Heck, I'd even take Antropov. But if they want to deal Stajan, that's fine too :) .
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Scott on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:50 pm

Recchi is not going anywhere. As a fan, who wouldnt take a younger player with a good upside back. No team is going to give up the farm for Recchi.

Recchi has been playing much better as of late..atleast from an offensive production stand point. If he can keep playing like that, then he can be an asset on this team next year.

Recchi has been an easy whipping boy. Older player, bigger salary, not playing like Recchi of old...

But this whole team is so soft and bad defensivley that those are the areas of mass concern. !! First and foremost.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Recchi was brought here to be a leader and be productive on both sides of the ice. He's been a miserable sob in the dressing room but has changed his tune somewhat since Therrien came back.

And he's been a lazy and soft too many times on defense.

I have a real problem with MT putting him on the point during the power-play.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:07 pm

Bowser wrote:I have a real problem with MT putting him on the point during the power-play.

How can you say this? The power play has been about the only bright spot recently. Well, except for ther shorties those couple games. Yes, I think Jackman and Gonchar should be back there, but if they're not, why not Recchi?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Will Recchi Be Dealt?

Postby Jerez on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:41 pm

Mad City Mike wrote: Reading this article, it is obvious he does not have a no-trade clause. He says things like

"I don't want to go anywhere. But it's going to be up to the team's decision"

Well, I hate to be cynical (that's your job, after all), but I remember Lemieux saying emphatically that Recchi is here unless/until he asks to be traded, so maybe this is Recchi's way of setting the stage where he can ask to be traded but say it was the team's decision and thereby not get criticized for bailing?

Of course, it could all be true. :)

And, I have to admit, Recchi has been playing better lately and contributing more, although still some weak plays, but we're always willing to give our beloved veterans some slack, right? :wink:
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:15 pm

It depends on what we get in return. Recchi for a capable defenseman? Yes, definetly. Recchi for yet another average forward? No thanks.

It's not really an issue though. Recchi has said he wants to stay and CP has said he is letting the veterans decide if they want to leave.
jmh70

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:21 pm

jmh70 wrote:It depends on what we get in return. Recchi for a capable defenseman? Yes, definetly. Recchi for yet another average forward? No thanks.

It's not really an issue though. Recchi has said he wants to stay and CP has said he is letting the veterans decide if they want to leave.

The trouble with this is that I doubt any team headed to the playoffs would trade a "capable" defenseman. You might be able to get a mid-range prospect, and that's about it. Not sure they need that, either.

Bottom line is, they should send him to the highest bidder.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:22 pm

jmh70 wrote:It depends on what we get in return. Recchi for a capable defenseman? Yes, definetly. Recchi for yet another average forward? No thanks.

The trouble with this is that I doubt any team headed to the playoffs would trade a "capable" defenseman. You might be able to get a mid-range prospect, and that's about it. Not sure they need that, either.

Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Exactly

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:30 pm

PensInAz wrote:So, MCM, are you saying that we send him to the highest bidder? ;-)

I think the darn monekys are off today. The board hiccupped when I posted and it didn't seem like the message went through. Apparently it did.

Admin: I was getting some odd SQL error when I tried to post. it was searching for words or something.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Exactly

Postby Admin on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:I think the darn monekys are off today.

They're working.

I really need to get a new server...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:22 pm

Tikkanen wrote:I would just hate to see Patrick bring in another guy that wasn't a "sure thing" first round pick and let him fall off the cart because he didn't produce a goal in his first three and only three shifts on the top line, and then watch the guy skate out the season with Endicott and Roy (should Roy ever dress again...), and then disappear into Europe next year.

Don't worry. Andrea will never dress again. She's retired. But unlike Mario and Ziggy, she didn't have the class to quit collecting a paycheck.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:42 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Don't worry. Andrea will never dress again. She's retired. But unlike Mario and Ziggy, she didn't have the class to quit collecting a paycheck.

What actually happened to him? I recall him returning and playing a few games, one in which he had two fights. After that, it seemed as though he just dropped off the face of the earth. Granted, I haven't been able to follow the Post-Gazette and Trib coverage of the Pens as much as I could last semester, but I try to keep up, yet I don't recall reading anything.

Did he reinjure his face, or does he have a ghost injury? Whats the deal?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Where's Roy

Postby OldMan on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I dont have any inside info, except that I was at the Pens practice on Friday and Roy was there and didnt show any obvious rpoblems doing any of the drills--So, maybe the eye.
OldMan

Re: Where's Roy

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:00 pm

OldMan wrote:I dont have any inside info, except that I was at the Pens practice on Friday and Roy was there and didnt show any obvious rpoblems doing any of the drills--So, maybe the eye.

Or maybe Therrien just knows he sucks and won't play him....
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins