Question about Therrien and next season...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Question about Therrien and next season...

Postby conforto45 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:07 pm

with the way our team is playing this season. and Therriens record being a HORRIBLE 4-15-5ish... Is there the possibility of CP giving Micheal/Michelle/Mike or whatever the different TV station broadcasters call him the boot?

Or is CP looking at Therrien as a long term coach?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Won't Matter

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:08 pm

It'll be up to the new GM. Who knows what that person will do? He might want to bring in his own guy.

See, I'm becoming an optimist. I'm assuming Patrick will get canned :D .
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Ironhorse on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:14 pm

They gave him a 3 year deal. CP will not have much to say unless the new owners keep him on as the GM. I'd say the coach will be back.
Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bse on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:15 pm

I think Therrien's here for longterm. It's not his fault the product was wasted before he arrived. CP has also stated that he'll be here for three years and that Therrien has some say in certain matters. Therrien just might be the only one who has some power which can be evidenced that he picked his own staff and not only that - but some people were actually fired, including "conditioning" coach.
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 pm

i know that ive been to a few practices within the past month or so...

what is this about "torturous" practices? Their practices are a joke.. the goalies combined... faced maybe 30 shots in 1 1/2 hours.. they didnt really do any organized practices...

and as for Crosby being the toast of the town... the 3 times ive been to a practice.. the other players made time to stop and sign autographs, give a stick or two or just to say hi... Crosby was always the last one out of the locker room, had his head down, and when asked for an autograph, always said he couldnt, he had other things to do..

like i said, ive been to 3 practices, maybe the other 75 they have had, he was a nice guy. maybe just bad timing..

but whenever the few fans that this city has for hockey, takes time out of their life to come see YOU. you should try to give back to them
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins