RALLY! Who was there? What did you think? Suggestions?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

RALLY! Who was there? What did you think? Suggestions?

Postby Pops16 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:38 pm

To everyone who was there, give us your description! What did you like, not like. Who would you like to see there for future events? What did you do? ect.

If you didn't come, why not? What reason held you back? What would get you there in the future?

Thanks!
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby spoon on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:12 pm

I think one of the main factors for not showing up was the rain. It was pretty bad in some areas and I'm sure people assumed it was like that down town.

I got there towards the end of it but enjoyed it. I must say that the hats which were given out are pretty comfy.

I don't know if there's plans for this or not but i'd like a bumper sticker, car magnet or window cling. Gotta have the website address on it though otherwise people wont know wtf your talking about. Well unless they pull you over and ask.
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

ideas ?

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:37 pm

Maybe have flyers for people attending concerts and/or the monster
truck thingy at the arena. Go & educate people attending the arena for events other than hockey.
Get the Mayor & Dan Onorato at a public event - town meeting and put them right on the spot about the plan.

Maybe have Bill Peduto & or Ken Sawyer get on the Ann Devlin
show & the Sunday am show with Stacey Smith.
Article to the Pittsburgh Times Weekly...have to hit the corporate
movers/shakers.

As for Saturday, it was a start. Again poor weather but we're hockey
fans so we can take the pain.

I hope some signs were shown during the broadcast of the game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jerez on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:48 pm

Great idea to target people who go to the Arena for other things -- although the rodeo folks might feel right at home!

Quite a few signs were shown, and the announcers talked about it throughout the game. We were pleased to see that much attention paid to the issue! And the signs looked great, too. I think they showed them more than the terrible towels, even.

Wish I were still a western Pennsylvanian so I could contribute to the cause. :(
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins