John Steigerwald said it

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Draftnik on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:59 am

HomerPenguin wrote:The Chicago Tribune has the same sweet set-up with the Cubs.

What's worse for Pirates fans is that the Nuttings keep the payroll low enough that they can clear a profit just on the revenue sharing and minimal attendence figures. Even if more folks started boycotting the team, the Nuttings still might not have an incentive to sell.

Really, the best hope is that they get the slots license for Seven Springs and are forced to sell.

The best season the Pirates had since Bonds left town was with a payroll less than $10M. With the washed up garbage they sign and pass off to their addicts as legitimate MLB talent how much worse could it get if they fielded a low budget team like the Marlins?
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:04 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:My God, would MLB make the Nuttings sell if they get that license?? They are almost assured of receiving it.

If so, there really truly is a God, and he loves Pirates fans.

The Nuttings want to hang on to both, but I'm blindly holding out hope that MLB takes this last-ditch opportunity to force them to sell.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:18 pm

Draftnik wrote:The best season the Pirates had since Bonds left town was with a payroll less than $10M.

Was that somewhere around 97 or 98, when they were in the division race with houston down to 3-4 games out? (When houston was barely over .500 if I recall)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:26 pm

relantel wrote:
Draftnik wrote:The best season the Pirates had since Bonds left town was with a payroll less than $10M.

Was that somewhere around 97 or 98, when they were in the division race with houston down to 3-4 games out? (When houston was barely over .500 if I recall)

1997 was the year.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BigNasty on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:04 am

owtahear wrote:It is so obvious the fix is in. I don't know what people can do about it, except not accept Rendell and Onorato when they bold face lie and tell them they want an investigation to where money is being diverted to. I would say, start a criminal investigation, but that would only delay the process for years.

Call in the FBI.
BigNasty

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins