Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Shelly Anderson , you all , will be on with Stan now

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 am

Guins wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
pensrule wrote:
Guins wrote:You know i understand how business works.But you people have got to get over this Mario THING. It's not like he's Mahamet Gandhi or something. Last time i checked he couldn't walk on water!

Thank you...

Jesus, there's two of you?

No i just not a lemming like you & others who think that Mario can do no wrong.As a player & then as an player/owner he had the mindset that what was good for Mario was good for the Penguins.And he was wrong but nobodt had the balls to tell him that! :evil:

Are you SURE you're not pensrule under a different name?

I'm going to try this one more time, but it's clear to me that it could be more easily explained to a brick wall than to some of you. The people who recognize that Lemieux is going to sell to the highest bidder (with a possible "hometown" exception IF the bids are really close to one another) are the ones who approach Lemieux as a human being who CAN do wrong and isn't worthy of any sort of excessive adulation. The people who hope desperately that Lemieux sells to anybody at any price just so the team stays in Pittsburgh (you, pensrule, imau2fan, etc.) are the ones who seem to approach Lemieux as though he ought to be a living saint whose sole purpose in life should be to make you and all the other Penguins fans happy.

YOU are the one with blinders on. YOU are the one treating Lemieux as though you expect him to be Gandhi. YOU are the one expecting Lemieux to walk on water. YOU are the one expecting Lemieux to do no wrong. I'M expecting a business-like approach to the sale of this team with a minimal amount of flexibility at the margins for keeping the team in Pittsburgh.

Of course, I know that everything I've explained here is beyond the comprehension of the people I'm trying to explain it to. So, please, go back to what you were doing and don't fret about it. You guys, above all, have carved yourselves a special niche in the Penguins sale process, because you'll be happy either way. If the team gets sold to a buyer who keeps them in Pittsburgh, you're happy. If they don't, you get to lambaste Lemieux, which for you guys seems to be as much part of your interest in the Penguins as the team itself; in short, you're still happy.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensrule on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:50 am

HomerPenguin wrote:
Guins wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
pensrule wrote:
Guins wrote:You know i understand how business works.But you people have got to get over this Mario THING. It's not like he's Mahamet Gandhi or something. Last time i checked he couldn't walk on water!

Thank you...

Jesus, there's two of you?

No i just not a lemming like you & others who think that Mario can do no wrong.As a player & then as an player/owner he had the mindset that what was good for Mario was good for the Penguins.And he was wrong but nobodt had the balls to tell him that! :evil:

Are you SURE you're not pensrule under a different name?

You guys, above all, have carved yourselves a special niche in the Penguins sale process, because you'll be happy either way. If the team gets sold to a buyer who keeps them in Pittsburgh, you're happy. If they don't, you get to lambaste Lemieux, which for you guys seems to be as much part of your interest in the Penguins as the team itself; in short, you're still happy.

Not even to address your other nonsense, since you obviously can't respect other peoples opinions.

By NO means would I be happy if the Pens left! All I want is for them to stay. So yes, I'm going to bash Lemieux for not taking the local bid, even if it's lower and yes I understand from a business perspective that is not the right thing to do, but I don't care about what's right from a business perspective. I just want the team here, simple as that. Like you and others have said it's not my money.

I hate when people are more worried about Lemieux & Co. getting there money than they are about the team staying.

So go bash away...
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Guins on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:51 am

Your the one with blinders on, Mario can do no wrong.I don't expect him to take less money than he can get i'm all for capitalism. The problem is people like you are star F****** that can never say anything bad about a player.He ran this team into the ground , and don't talk about lack of money Ron Burkle is a Multi-Billioniare who gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Democrat party to work against his interests supposedly
Guins

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:58 am

pensrule wrote:I hate when people are more worried about Lemieux & Co. getting there money than they are about the team staying.

You keep making this simple-minded accusation, but never point to anybody specifically who says that their main concern in the Penguins sale is that Lemieux gets all the money he possibly can. Can you specifically cite ANYBODY who has said that? Maybe you should run a poll on the question.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:00 pm

Guins wrote:Your the one with blinders on, Mario can do no wrong.I don't expect him to take less money than he can get i'm all for capitalism. The problem is people like you are star F****** that can never say anything bad about a player.He ran this team into the ground , and don't talk about lack of money Ron Burkle is a Multi-Billioniare who gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Democrat party to work against his interests supposedly

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:03 pm

Uh O.K. You are a living example of the saying Genius & Stupidity are the same EXCEPT Genius has it's limitations :lol:
Guins

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:24 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
Guins wrote:Your the one with blinders on, Mario can do no wrong.I don't expect him to take less money than he can get i'm all for capitalism. The problem is people like you are star F****** that can never say anything bad about a player.He ran this team into the ground , and don't talk about lack of money Ron Burkle is a Multi-Billioniare who gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Democrat party to work against his interests supposedly

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol: That is one of the funniest lines in any movie. Goes along great with some of this rambling. Good job on the movie quote.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wallflower on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:18 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:Are you SURE you're not pensrule under a different name?

I'm going to try this one more time, but it's clear to me that it could be more easily explained to a brick wall than to some of you. The people who recognize that Lemieux is going to sell to the highest bidder (with a possible "hometown" exception IF the bids are really close to one another) are the ones who approach Lemieux as a human being who CAN do wrong and isn't worthy of any sort of excessive adulation. The people who hope desperately that Lemieux sells to anybody at any price just so the team stays in Pittsburgh (you, pensrule, imau2fan, etc.) are the ones who seem to approach Lemieux as though he ought to be a living saint whose sole purpose in life should be to make you and all the other Penguins fans happy.

YOU are the one with blinders on. YOU are the one treating Lemieux as though you expect him to be Gandhi. YOU are the one expecting Lemieux to walk on water. YOU are the one expecting Lemieux to do no wrong. I'M expecting a business-like approach to the sale of this team with a minimal amount of flexibility at the margins for keeping the team in Pittsburgh.

Of course, I know that everything I've explained here is beyond the comprehension of the people I'm trying to explain it to. So, please, go back to what you were doing and don't fret about it. You guys, above all, have carved yourselves a special niche in the Penguins sale process, because you'll be happy either way. If the team gets sold to a buyer who keeps them in Pittsburgh, you're happy. If they don't, you get to lambaste Lemieux, which for you guys seems to be as much part of your interest in the Penguins as the team itself; in short, you're still happy.

Thank you, it needed to be said and you put it much more eloquently than I could have.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:37 pm

wallflower wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:Are you SURE you're not pensrule under a different name?

Thank you, it needed to be said and you put it much more eloquently than I could have.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment, but ultimately it doesn't matter. Nothing I said there hasn't already been said many times, but the people it's been directed towards either can't understand it or don't want to acknowledge it.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensrule on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:03 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
pensrule wrote:I hate when people are more worried about Lemieux & Co. getting there money than they are about the team staying.

You keep making this simple-minded accusation, but never point to anybody specifically who says that their main concern in the Penguins sale is that Lemieux gets all the money he possibly can. Can you specifically cite ANYBODY who has said that? Maybe you should run a poll on the question.

You think you so damn smart, don't you? You're a freakin joke. Read the crap you write, if that wasn't your position then you wouldn't defend your hero so much. Don't give me the it's business crap either, I'm not a little kid.
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm

pensrule wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:

You think you so damn smart, don't you? You're a freakin joke. Read the crap you write, if that wasn't your position then you wouldn't defend your hero so much. Don't give me the it's business crap either, I'm not a little kid.

It is business though. It's that simple.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crash on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 pm

pensrule wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:

Mario owes this city nothing after the way he's been treated for seven years.

He gave him their discount when he wiped away $7.5 mil in cash and traded in most of the other money for team equity.

Then he was lied to, and this is why we are where we are.

The politicos want this team to stay? Start making legitimate offers to do it.
Crash

Postby Daniel on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:47 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:

This sums up his opinion in one sentence; "I just want the team here, simple as that. Like you and others have said it's not my money."

He doesn't care about whats best for Mario, or the group. He just cares about himself and his instant gratification.

We should be respecting him for his honesty and understand his selfish point of view. :lol:
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:28 pm

hey!, i didnt get to star **** Lemieux...wtf?...when was this event and what was the cover...ive been out n about lately and missed any posters/radio announcements about said event....is there going to be another event soon?

sorry...just trying to shed a little love :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 pm

Daniel wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:

This sums up his opinion in one sentence; "I just want the team here, simple as that. Like you and others have said it's not my money."

He doesn't care about whats best for Mario, or the group. He just cares about himself and his instant gratification.

We should be respecting him for his honesty and understand his selfish point of view. :lol:

I guess so. Those strawmen he keeps setting up don't represent anybody's feelings with respect to the sale of the team, though, despite how many times he tries to tar everybody with that brush.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wallflower on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:04 pm

pensrule wrote:I'm not a little kid.

Dude, then quit acting like one.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins