Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

One thing that upsets me about this whole arean process

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

One thing that upsets me about this whole arean process

Postby Kenny.M on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:11 pm

ISLE OF CAPRI IS STILL THE BEST PLAN FOR PITTSBURGH AND THE PENGUINS AND PEOPLE GET SO CAUGHT UP IN SEARCHING FOR HOPE IN A PLAN B THEY SOMETIMES FORGET HOW THE FIX IS IN AND THE BEST PLAN WILL GET SHOVED UNDER THE RUG. Sorry had to get that off my chest it's been bothering me that's why it's in all caps :lol:
Kenny.M
 

Re: One thing that upsets me about this whole arean process

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Kenny.M wrote:ISLE OF CAPRI IS STILL THE BEST PLAN FOR PITTSBURGH AND THE PENGUINS AND PEOPLE GET SO CAUGHT UP IN SEARCHING FOR HOPE IN A PLAN B THEY SOMETIMES FORGET HOW THE FIX IS IN AND THE BEST PLAN WILL GET SHOVED UNDER THE RUG. Sorry had to get that off my chest it's been bothering me that's why it's in all caps :lol:


Well, since most people here are concerned with the team staying in town above all else, you're not going to find a whole lot of folks who care whether they stay via IoC or Plan B.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:50 am
Location: ...

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:12 pm

It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,608
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby Kenny.M on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:14 pm

Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.

It's like it never existed because any rational thinking person so everyone on this message board excluding crash knows Harrah's will get the license so you kind of forget about it
Kenny.M
 

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:14 pm

Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.


LOL, that would be pretty damn amusing. I think it's just become generally accepted that Harrah's has the license in the bag whether legitimately or not.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:50 am
Location: ...

Postby Kenny.M on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:16 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.


LOL, that would be pretty damn amusing. I think it's just become generally accepted that Harrah's has the license in the bag whether legitimately or not.


What if that miracle actually occured and this whole process of worrying was all for not
Kenny.M
 

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:17 pm

IOC is dead in the water and has been for a long long long time. It sucks, but that's how it is.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,391
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am
Location: New Kensington, PA

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Kenny.M wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.


LOL, that would be pretty damn amusing. I think it's just become generally accepted that Harrah's has the license in the bag whether legitimately or not.


What if that miracle actually occured and this whole process of worrying was all for not


I think that would be great, but I'm not expecting it to happen. What I do hope is that, even in the absence of the slots casino, the construction of a new arena is used as an opportunity to develop the Hill and reconnect Uptown and Downtown.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:50 am
Location: ...

Postby ivand87 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:01 pm

skullman80 wrote:IOC is dead in the water and has been for a long long long time. It sucks, but that's how it is.


WHAT?! WHY?! AND WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

I've been reading the PG and Tribune Review and checking this forum every once in a while for the past few months and haven't heard anything like this.

Why is IOC "dead in the water"? Is skullman crazy, trying to f*** with us, or what?
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,258
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:57 pm

Postby Crash on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm

Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.


Which is exactly what the politicos want.
Crash
 

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm

ivand87 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:IOC is dead in the water and has been for a long long long time. It sucks, but that's how it is.


WHAT?! WHY?! AND WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

I've been reading the PG and Tribune Review and checking this forum every once in a while for the past few months and haven't heard anything like this.

Why is IOC "dead in the water"? Is skullman crazy, trying to f*** with us, or what?


Are you being serious?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,391
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am
Location: New Kensington, PA

Postby Kenny.M on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 pm

ivand87 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:IOC is dead in the water and has been for a long long long time. It sucks, but that's how it is.


WHAT?! WHY?! AND WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

I've been reading the PG and Tribune Review and checking this forum every once in a while for the past few months and haven't heard anything like this.

Why is IOC "dead in the water"? Is skullman crazy, trying to f*** with us, or what?


Go back and bury your head in the sand
Kenny.M
 

Postby Kenny.M on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Crash wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:It'd be pretty ironic if Isle of Capri wins the bid and all this worrying turns out to be senseless. It's funny how much IoC has been forgotten about.


Which is exactly what the politicos want.


Surprisingly a very good point
Kenny.M
 


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pruezy11881 and 25 guests


e-mail