here to stay

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

here to stay

Postby pens#1 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:26 pm

listen i understand everybody wants a link that says PENS HERE TO STAY... but u know it takes time.
lemieuex has done so much for the team/city why does everyone now think hes selling to an owner that will move them
he just might have sold to someone that said they will keep them in pitt!
its just my thought but it seems everyone is so neagetive without hearing the whole story.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pens#1 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:04 am

ok then ill reply to my own message
i believe in mario and that the pens will be in pitt forever!!!!
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tinker on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:33 am

Pens#1, I hear ya. I'd be happpier if Murstein and Renacci were the 2 finalists (even though there are no finalists at this point.) But we do not know, nor may we ever know, what the bids were, who said what to ownership about staying or leaving, or why whomever was picked as the winner.

I say this with the confidence that the NHL bylaws will make it very difficult for an owner to move this team if there is a viable arena plan in the works. That, to me was the best news. It certainly does not guarantee the team is here to stay, but at least it will keep the politicos on the hook to work out a viable plan.

I thought Mursteins comments regarding keeping the team here regardless of arena developments was foolhardy. Maybe Lemieux Group LP thought the same and that selling to Murstein would eventually allow the politicians to slack on the arena. Maybe, maybe not.

I know Mario is deified by some, and villified by others (based on developments on the sale.) But he has stated and shown on numerous occaisions that he wants the team to stay. He bought the team out of bankruptcy, paid off all debts, did everything he could to get an arena, stated publicly that one criterion to the sale was the liklihood the team would stay put. If the bylaws are as strong as they appear, he should feel free to agree with his partners & sell to the highest bidder, or not to sell to a group that includes Cuban (if he doesn't like him,) or decide to sell to someone who will move the team if the right thing isn't done (IE. build a freaking arena!!!)

There are ideal owners in my mind's eye, and Fingold and Gottesdeiner are not them, but the bylaws appear to be a good safety net at this point.

It is difficult to see the warped perceptions people have...although I hang on every word uttered about the pens, I don't know how they function with such gloom-and-doom ideas. Let's just hope that the bylaws are rock solid and an arena plan is viable, hopefully IOC gets it and the new owner is obliged to keep the team where it belongs.
Tinker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins