Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Happy 1 Year Sid!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Happy 1 Year Sid!

Postby penny lane on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:59 pm ... hub=Canada

Let's hope penguin fans get to see Sidney when he twenty and 30 et 40!

Links to the video from G Bettman announcing penguins
as the winner.
I was at work watching online with a friend~both hooted & cheered. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby letsgopens87 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:11 pm

I was sitting in traffic with my dad, listening to it on the radio. We cheered :D

Postby ivand87 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:33 pm

I was out working all day that day and oddly enough, when I got home, I forgot about the lottery draft and didn't come online. Instead I was flipping channels and the local news here in Tampa came on.

Incredibly, they actually had the news on the NHL lottery draft down here. First they said the Lightning were last.

Then they said, "and the lucky team with the #1 pick... the Pittsburgh Penguins."

I went absolutely f&cking ballistic. :twisted:

Postby DrBoni on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:39 pm

I was caving...yes, caving with the rocks and stuff.

I had completely forgotten about the lottery (I knew the Pens had "zero" chance). My girlfriend and I got back in our car and when I came in range my phone beeped. She picked it up and read a text message from a buddy of mine:

"'First Pick!' What does that mean?"

I almost wrecked the car. I actually had to pull the car to the side of the road so I could get out and jump into the air.

That was an exciting day.

great day

Postby The Ghost of Mark Kachows on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:43 pm

I was on my way home from work - a trip from Somerset to Johnstown - listening to Stan on the radio... the reception was getting poorer and poorer the closer I got to home, which helped build the drama as Bettman announced the Penguins as winners about a minute before I totally lost reception... Needless to say, I went berserk behind the wheel, but managed not to drive off the road... :lol:
The Ghost of Mark Kachows
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ian on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:46 pm

i was sleeping damn i missed it im a moron

Postby TheWholeF'NShow on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:18 pm

I was sitting in traffic on the Homestead Highlevel Bridge with my brother. We were listening to ESPN when they announced it. I remember all the fist pumping and horn blowing. And thinking how lucky we are to be geting Sidney F'N Crosby

Postby Fast B on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:21 pm

I was at work, watching the streaming broadcast of the lottery. I swear I must have looked like a mental patient the whole time, nervous as hell and bouncing up and down like a kid on a sugar binge.

Then when Bettman announced the winner...I jumped out of my seat and nearly screamed out loud like we won the Cup. Most of my coworkers understand how big a fan I am, but they were still amused - one of them (who is a hockey fan from Tampa) told me that I looked like a kid on Christmas morning. :D
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HockeyDaddy on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:22 pm

My family was huddled around the computer...we didn't have cable installed in our new town house yet. I will never foget the tension as each name was called and the Penguins chances got better and better. I remember my son who was 2 at the time was cheering because his dad was jumping up and down yelling out the windows! Now he pretneds that he IS Crosby!

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins