Congratulations to Ron Francis

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Congratulations to Ron Francis

Postby netwolf on Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:36 pm

...who had his #10 raised to the rafters of the RBC Center. I know I am in the minority and I know it will most likely not happen, but I would love to see that #10 in black and gold in Pittsburgh someday. I know he played the bulk of his career for that organization but he did play more years in Pittsburgh (8 ) than he did in Carolina (6). He did more as a Penguin than he did as a Hurricane. :D I would settle for having him back for a game just to say thanks kinda like they did with Ulfie and I think, Trottier.

That aside, he was an incredible player, the epitome of class, and I am glad I got the opportunity to watch him play. Thanks for all of the memories Ron!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bcPENS on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:14 pm

I don't think your in the minority, I just don't think it will happen. Ronnie was my favorite player, borderline with Mario. Most Pens fans agree with that.
bcPENS
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:20 pm

I think it would be great to see Ronnie's number raised to the rafters here in Pittsburgh.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins