Joe Starkey wrote:Carcillo: Potential Darcy Tucker clone made name for himself after ejoction from Philly shootout.
Ouellet: Added PKing to deft scoring touch; he's now producing in NHL.
Eaves: Speedy center's recovery on hold as he continues recovery from kneecap surgery.
Goligoski: Offensively gifted blueliner needs to bulk up; on pace to equla last year's point total.
Letang: Lightning fast, offensive blueliner on pace to double point totals from last season.
Bowser wrote:Here's my top 10
1. Evgeni Malkin, C - Franchise power forward that can do it all.
2. Kris Letang, D - great positioning, great skater, quickest hands for D
3. Noah Welch, D - solid two way future NHL defensemen by next year
4. Alex Goligoski, D - in two, three years, he'll be working with Letang on PP
5. Jonathan Filewich, RW - strong winger that goes to the net, hard wrister
6. Johannes Salmonsson, LW - quick as Koltsov and way better skills
7. Ryan Stone, C - rugged type with two way skills, needs to switch to RW
8. Matt Moulson, LW - has done nothing but score in NCAA
9. Michal Sersen, D - another strong two-way defensemen
10. Paul Bissonnette, D - big defensive defensemen, not stellar with puck.
randy wrote:Lets be objective now. Didnt Marc Staal totally shut down Malkin in the world juniors? Im not trying to be a jag-off, and i dont know all the circumstances surrounding that, but the russian superleague isnt the NHL. Hes going to be good, but i dont thinks hes going to be the second coming either. This isnt going to be a playoff contender just by adding him. Until goaltending and defense are tightened up, and management starts paying more attention to it theyre going nowhere
netwolf wrote:If Carcillo is our most promising forward outside of Malkin, then this organization is in more trouble than I thought. Do you realize Carcillo was demoted to Wheeling? Legitmate NHL prospects RARELY spend time in the ECHL.
Letang is a great prospect, but saying he's NHL ready is a bit much. If he cracks the roster this fall, then it's as much of an indictment of the rest of the group as it would be a plus on Letang's part. Noah Welch is ahead of Letang right now.
Users browsing this forum: FLPensFan and 16 guests