Face offs

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Face offs

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:24 pm

not that it would have mattered tonight... but didnt anybody else feel like the pens got tossed out of the circle a lot tonight.... thats one of the phases of game i never really picked up on... not playing it doesnt help...

the leclair malone and bogs line looked great tonight... and i agree leclair looks slow... but there were times where he looked like he did in philly... working hard in the corners and such...

i thought tonight might be a start of a streak... my thinking behind that... other than my wish for the continuous losing to stop... if cp is truly goign to talk to the vets... i thought maybe the vets would pick there game up to get more clubs interested in them... but we didnt win... and jackman and gonchar have played better this year... still say gonchar is getting his thoughts and legs back...

here is to another pens lose... grab another molson

side note... the center ice feed tonight mentioned that there were scouts practically from all the western conference teams there tonight... to see the pens... to me that means cp has sent out the fax saying... take what ever u want ! :shock:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Face offs

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:34 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:side note... the center ice feed tonight mentioned that there were scouts practically from all the western conference teams there tonight... to see the pens... to me that means cp has sent out the fax saying... take what ever u want ! :shock:

That sucks, I like the team exactly the way it is now and right where it is for that matter. No moves need to be made, just give them time.
NIN

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:36 pm

i agree... i mean yeah the one or two moves to complete the team are going to be needed at some time... buuuuut we have no idea what that is right now... let the young guns play and get a good feel for them... i am a believer that a month or even two sometimes isnt enough to evaluate.... so i hope cp doesnt rush things!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Face offs

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:50 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:if cp is truly goign to talk to the vets... i thought maybe the vets would pick there game up to get more clubs interested in them...

Man, I think I am missing a lot of stuff lately. Did CP actually talk to the vets recently? If so, what about, when, etc. Gimmy some details, as I obviously have been out of the circle on things lately. School's taking up too much time. Who needs an education anyway? :lol:
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:24 am

not sure if i can prove that... but i heard somewhere or read somewhere that cp said he would sit down with the vets and see if they wanted moved...

this was a couple days ago... recently on spectors... and in the post gazette... rex came out and said he is here for a reason and would like to stay... but he said its up to the team... not him... so i think unless the sens want him... he is here for the long haul... nice to hear that he wants to help the kids and such... since everybody thinks he is cancer in the locker room!

who knows the next week should be interesting at the least!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Exactly the way it is?

Postby HomerPenguin on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:22 am

NIN, you like the team EXACTLY the way it is? Really? You like Recchi and LeClair getting relatively big bucks to play at half-speed and from all accounts to be malcontents in the locker room?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Exactly the way it is?

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 am

HomerPenguin wrote:NIN, you like the team EXACTLY the way it is? Really? You like Recchi and LeClair getting relatively big bucks to play at half-speed and from all accounts to be malcontents in the locker room?

Absolutely yes. I too pride myself on being a malcontent, this team fits my personality. It's like Trent Rezner sings in the new smash hit "Only": "I'm becomming less defined as years go by. Fading away, well, you might say I'm lossing focus. Kind of drifting into the abstract, in terms of how I see myself. Sometimes, I think I can see right through myself. Sometimes I think I can see right through myself. *whispering* sometimes I can see right through myself."
NIN

Ahhh, better

Postby HomerPenguin on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:40 pm

With the sarcasm meter dialled up I get it now.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins