Almost Forgotten Fact

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Almost Forgotten Fact

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:02 pm

The Pens never did hire a second assistant coach when the old staff was let go. They NEED somebody with defensive experience, as well as PK experience. Anybody know why they never bothered to fill this position? My guess is ownership nixed it in an effort to keep costs down. Other than that, it is almost unfathomable that you have only one assistant, and he has no NHL experience. Not that the PK is bad or anything :roll:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bse on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:13 pm

Fortunately it's an assistant this time - not the head coach, although some people still wish to see that coach back... :lol:
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby davemess on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:30 pm

I wonder if they even have somebody in mind for the job but just cant get him as he is contracted elsewhere?

I wouldnt seeing them give the job to Marc Bergevin, see how he gets on with it. Think he could be a good coach.
davemess
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Nope

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:34 pm

davemess wrote:I wonder if they even have somebody in mind for the job but just cant get him as he is contracted elsewhere?

I wouldnt seeing them give the job to Marc Bergevin, see how he gets on with it. Think he could be a good coach.

Once Mario sells, I want no FOM anywhere near this team. They need to make a clean break and bring in all outsiders.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pfim on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:45 pm

Doesn't Yeo work with the defense?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Nope

Postby davemess on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:45 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Once Mario sells, I want no FOM anywhere near this team. They need to make a clean break and bring in all outsiders.

I wasnt suggesting he be hired because he is a friend of Marios..... just that he might be a good coach.

He seemed to be pretty good at getting younger Dmen playing well, both Orpik and Rozsival played there best hockey along side Bergevin. He might be a good guy to coach up our young Dmen.
davemess
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Nope

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:52 pm

davemess wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:Once Mario sells, I want no FOM anywhere near this team. They need to make a clean break and bring in all outsiders.

I wasnt suggesting he be hired because he is a friend of Marios..... just that he might be a good coach.

He seemed to be pretty good at getting younger Dmen playing well, both Orpik and Rozsival played there best hockey along side Bergevin. He might be a good guy to coach up our young Dmen.

FOM or not, I don't think he's right for it now. I think they need a *** guy to teach them how to play defense like all the other 29 teams do. He is too much of a nice guy.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:06 pm

I want them to be known as mean. That doesn't mean lots of open ice hits. But it does mean that players think twice before parking in the slot.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins